Search the forum,

Discuss Why Can't I get hot water in my bathroom sinks. in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all I am currently experiencing a perplexing problem. I seem to have hot water everywhere in my house except the bathroom sinks. Kitchen sink is fine, showers and jetted tub is also fine. Its a 2.5 bath home, one bath room has double sinks. This bathroom uses "Y" connectors to supply hot and cold water to both sinks. When I turn on the hot water whatever hot water that is in the line because of our triple digit temps goes cold. Every faucet beside the jetted tub is a single faucet, but there is a hot and cold shutoff valve for every bathroom. Is this a job for a licensed plumber or is this something I can fix myself? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

That’s a strange one tbh would need someone looking in front of it to figure it out

So the water starts hot but then runs cold?
Instantaneous water heater in basement?
Could be a dodgy mixer or failed double check valve allowing cold water back into the hot pipes.

That’s a strange one tbh would need someone looking in front of it to figure it out
Thanks, I was trying to avoid that, but I guess I don't have a choice.
[automerge]1597272316[/automerge]
So the water starts hot but then runs cold?
Instantaneous water heater in basement?
Could be a dodgy mixer or failed double check valve allowing cold water back into the hot pipes.
Yes, it starts out hot because of how it is here then runs cold. No basement and regular water heater. Where in the line would the check valve be installed? How likely is it for the mixers on three different sinks go out at the same time?

Last edited:
Do you know if there fed from all the same pipe / tee off ?

Reply to Why Can't I get hot water in my bathroom sinks. in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Where and how does the water supply work and is there only one rising main pipe and where is it usually located? I am top floor flat, mains fed supply and all 6 in the block have a shared rising main pipe (I think unless there is meant to be more than one). Kitchen: From the ground floor to...
Replies
Views
I recently had an eco tec plus 836 combi installed as part of an oil to gas conversion. One thing I can’t work out is why the bathroom sink hot water flow is 12-13L per minute with at 44c and even hotter. However the nearby bath freestanding tap is 8-9L per minute at this temp. Both taps...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Is this set up correct: Attic stop valve turns off the cold water to my bathroom (I think it is the rising main in the attic which I and other residents in the building share as we have shared supply to bathrooms and kitchens) Under kitchen sink stop valve turns off cold water in...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Could someone please explain if this set up is normal and what changed: Stopcock under kitchen sink turns off cold water supply in kitchen only Stopcock in kitchen wall panel turns off cold water supply in kitchen only Red gate valve in airing cupboard next to bathroom turns off...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I turned my cold water feed off in the airing cupboard which supplies only cold water to my bathroom but it also turned the water to my toilet off is that a correct set up? Because it didn't used to before the stop valve in airing cupboard only turned off the cold water supply to...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock