Search the forum,

Discuss Which boiler would you recommend? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our old baxi boiler has broken down and can no longer be repaired, we have had a gas engineer out to quote us on a new boiler. I know nothing about boilers and just want a good one to supply us with Heating and hot water, I don't need anything fancy. These are the 3 boilers he quoted us: Vaillant ecofit pure 418, Worcester bosch 18ri and baxi ecoblue advanced 19kw. Any reviews/options on these please? I've struggled to find reviews. Thanks

here we go again :rolleyes: everyone has their faves so you'll pretty much be asking the same question afterwards, ask the Gas engineer who will fit it what he thinks.

I'm only asking for reviews and other options then we will make our mind up. We have already spoken to the engineer thank you, we just want to look into it more

My advice would be the Vaillant.

Good quality products, good after sales service, easy to repair, parts readily available and not really a bad price (on parts), compared to some.

All Engineers will have their own preference and experience but there's my view!

I always recommend Baxi duotec solid boiler, nothing fancy but is tried and tested and easy to repair.

I like Vaillants too, every boiler has its down points, eg. Valliant rubber hoses.

The only boiler I do not recommend are Worcester’s, overpriced and full of plastic. Designed by someone who has probably never fixed a boiler in their life.

My advice would be the Vaillant.

Good quality products, good after sales service, easy to repair, parts readily available and not really a bad price (on parts), compared to some.

All Engineers will have their own preference and experience but there's my view!

Thank you, much appreciated

I always recommend Baxi duotec solid boiler, nothing fancy but is tried and tested and easy to repair.

I like Vaillants too, every boiler has its down points, eg. Valliant rubber hoses.

The only boiler I do not recommend are Worcester’s, overpriced and full of plastic. Designed by someone who has probably never fixed a boiler in their life.

Thank you

Heat only boiler and on a budget go with the baxi your old one has served you well and will be the cheapest to buy and fit so thats my advice . Kop

Last edited:
Worcester as they will continue to change parts that are affected by system issues thoughout the warranty, without question. As with every system there are issues in the future, not always a installer fault but old systems/blockages etc but they just change what’s required, I was impressed

Thank you
I am of the opposite opinion to Scott.
Like he says it is all down to personal opinion, but I would go for Worcester every time. Yes they are expensive. But they are far and away the most reliable. Whereas I find vaillent are not so. As for baxi, I still can't get past the potterton suprima and others from the baxi group. Though they say they are getting better.
But it is down to you in the end.
All installers have their preferred make

1st thing you want to look at is price, Depends what you want to spend, then look at length of warranty some up to 12 years, most boiler use common parts picking one is like buying a car most of the time your paying for the name . Spend a few hours on the internet and compare them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Which boiler would you recommend? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I am replacing our 11 year old boiler (due to H.Ex. leak) with a new one. This is in a "sealed" system with red expansion vessel in airig cupboard & a megaflo (no tank in loft). However the exisiting boiler is Vaillant ecoTEC 4xx boiler - which is satated by vaillant as an "open vent" boiler...
Replies
Views
Hello, bit of a noob question but would someone be able to help me to understand the pipes coming off our boiler. It's a Grant oil combi boiler, and where the pipes come in is in a room at the front of the house. I am about to box them in but I really wanted to understand what the various pipes...
Replies
Views
Hi All, We have finally decided after a bit of a persuasion to have installed a utility room in our garage that currently houses our oil boiler. Initially we thought the boiler may stay in place but after discussions with the builder we would have to move the boiler to replace the floor and...
Replies
Views
Hi, Over the past few months, my wife and I have noticed a constant pulsing sound throughout the house which is particularly noisy at night (this could be as a result of us noticing the sound more when there is less environmental noise). Unfortunately, it is severely disrupting our sleep, so we...
Replies
Views
Had our gas Baxi Combi inspected and serviced today, as it has been every year. Gas safety cert issued and says all okay, but engineer gave what I think was very... ambiguous... advice. 12yo boiler with the following readings on the analyser printout: O2% = 4.1 CO ppm = 192 CO2% = 9.5 Ratio =...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock