Search the forum,

Discuss what would you set the overnight temprature to on a programable room stat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RobTi

Hi all

Just installed my pro\room stat and it has as an overnight temp for the last event @ 14*C.

I don't want the heating on so turned this down to 10*C.

What do you think, is this okay or is 14*c okay

Thanks

Robert

Last edited by a moderator:
Was the heating coming on during the night when the stat was set to 14°C? If so, it would suggest that the house is not well insulated.

If it is well insulated you can set the temperature to less than 10°C (mine is at 5°C).

Its situated in the hall and is just installed so not had a chance for an overnight temp yet

Thanks

Robert

Its situated in the hall and is just installed so not had a chance for an overnight temp yet

Thanks

Robert

try 17-18 but as said if its to hot try it lower the trouble you face when it comes on on timed temp may be to low if this is the case programme it to off in the evening and set to 20-21 degree

try 17-18 but as said if its to hot try it lower the trouble you face when it comes on on timed temp may be to low if this is the case programme it to off in the evening and set to 20-21 degree
The OP forgot to tell us which make/model prog stat he has. It could be one with optimization; you just set the time when you want the house to be up to temperature. The programmer works out when to turn the boiler on.

I think BRE say 15. The idea is that you have used all that energy heating the fabric of the building so overnight keeping it at 15 by just trickling heat in if required uses less energy than letting it cool right down and heating it up each day.

A little off topic, but there was quite a debate on the forum on whether to have heating on tick over all day or one a couple of times and I seem to remember the consensus was if your house is poorly insulated then it's cheaper to heat twice a day and if well insulated then keep it on all the time at a slightly lower temperature.

A little off topic, but there was quite a debate on the forum on whether to have heating on tick over all day or one a couple of times and I seem to remember the consensus was if your house is poorly insulated then it's cheaper to heat twice a day and if well insulated then keep it on all the time at a slightly lower temperature.
I get asked this all the time, I feel that i should know the answer but I cant get a definitive answer from anybody else either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to what would you set the overnight temprature to on a programable room stat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Am trying to understand my mother's Apollo boiler. It has an intermittent fault. In the last couple of years, it has had a new thermocouple, a new "low" stat, and a new pump over-run switch. The RGI was not throwing parts at it, and the replacement of these has solved some problems: I...
Replies
Views
I am generally a decent handyman, can usually make 2+2=4 and take care of most things to avoid troubling experts with just the basics, but know also not to bumble around blindly beyond that. We moved house last week and with the glorious hot weather we weren't bothered about the heating, more...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new well maintained Worcester combi boiler. We weren’t convinced the heating was working right and then got hit with a £610 energy bill for the first 6...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Hi everyone, Just wanted to share my experience with "upgrading" an S plan setup to Opentherm and Vaillant Control Center (VR66). There are a few threads on a few different forums but I wanted to share a full write-up with all the steps needed, benefits and costs. Overall, I fully recommend...
Replies
Views
. . . Honeywell CM927 Thermostat Ethos 54C (Condensing Combination Boiler) I set the Thermostat to 26°C (79°F). The boiler fires up and heats the home to 22.5°C (72.5°F), and then it stops. * The thermostat shows me it is currently 22.5°C, but refuses to continue heating to 26°C. I just...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock