Search the forum,

Discuss What Combi boiler would you recommend for my situation? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bruvvamoff

Hi all

I'm removing the old cylinder/water tank and replacing with combi for space saving, convenience, and hopefully bill saving over time.
Here's the deal.

I own a small 2 bedroom semi detached house built in 55.
It has loft and wall cavity insulation, and double glazed windows
We have 2 bedrooms, one bathroom and a total of 6 radiators.
The bathroom has a bath and a regular shower.
We both bath but will be showering when we get new shower fitted.
We won't be washing up and bathing at the same time but I don't mind if the pressure drops when we do.
I may convert the loft in the future which will mean another rad.
Oh, we also have a woodburner in the living room.

So, recommend a boiler?

You need your installer to check your water flow rates and pressures first.

Best for someone I come round and give you advice when seeing it. Put your location up on here and someone may be able to help.

What youl find mate is every installer on here prefer different makes of boilers so youd probably be more undecisive than b4 you started, me personnaly id say worcester bosch 29cdi classic

What youl find mate is every installer on here prefer different makes of boilers so youd probably be more undecisive than b4 you started, me personnaly id say worcester bosch 29cdi classic

Personally I would burn kris at the stake , whilst melting the plastic components of that heap down and pour the molten plastic into his gullet. WB are 97.34% plastic

Vaillant Ecotec Plus 831.

7 year warranty if put in by a Vaillant Advance registered installer. Make sure your system is powerflushed during the install.

Any answer that is different to mine is wrong :)

Here's your answers

Inter gas -billy and mike Jackson

Ideal logic + -ermintrude

Duo tec -me

Worcester Bosch- stan

Anything but something made by baxi because of heat team messing him about -lee

This is all your going to get here lol. Your installer will just reccomend what he prefers.

Here's your answers

Duo tec -me

Worcester Bosch- stan

This is all your going to get here lol. Your installer will just reccomend what he prefers.

Heatline FTW \o/

Maybe you should re ask the question.

What combi boiler don't you recommend?

See what that brings up!

Here's your answers

Duo tec -me

Worcester Bosch- stan

Must be fitting few duo tec 35,990 points on the works scheme!

Here's your answers

Duo tec -me

Worcester Bosch- stan

What a brilliant answer and so true.

People for your opinion,

Are Worcester boilers worthy of being the only best buys in the “which” survey.

No as they don't represent value for money any more.
Valliant Eco tec was best boiler with the rubber hoses and f72 just shows which is a load of tosh

People for your opinion,

Are Worcester boilers worthy of being the only best buys in the “which” survey.

I was under the impression the manufacturer won the best buy, so cunningly labelled all their boilers best buys. I can't fathom how all (or any) of their boilers won it otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What Combi boiler would you recommend for my situation? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Home owner looking for some advice pls. We have a megaflow system which we are considering removing as the tank takes up a lot of space and we don’t find we are using more than one shower or bath at a time. Our plan is to do this when the current boiler needs replacing (probably in the next...
Replies
Views
M
I am currently in the middle of a complete rennovation of my house and need some advice on what kind of boiler to get. The house will have 4 bathrooms in total. One on the ground floor (shower), two on the 1st floor (en suite has a shower and family bathroom has a bathtub and seperate shower)...
Replies
Views
M
I have a viessman vitodens 222F combi storage boiler on the ground floor. It has 100l capacity inbuilt cylinder which is delivered on mains pressure. I bought it hoping I could have two showers across floors running with hot water even if it’s a short while, while avoiding an unvented...
Replies
Views
Max Hill
M
Some advice would be very much appreciated. Our Gloworm Ultracom 38CXI combi boiler recently developed a few issues. Recently some our taps/shower but not all of them will run hot initially and then run cold after around 2 minutes of running hot. The heat exchanger was replaced by our...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi All, We have finally decided after a bit of a persuasion to have installed a utility room in our garage that currently houses our oil boiler. Initially we thought the boiler may stay in place but after discussions with the builder we would have to move the boiler to replace the floor and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock