Search the forum,

Discuss What are all the things wrong with this roof installation? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all, chasing some quick advice on a recent job we had done by some builders.

Our building paid the attached quote last year to have a small roof patched up and prevent it leaking, but the owners have said that they are still getting water pouring into their living room. We've contacted the contractor and he said it was a problem with the existing flashing and not with their install, but he was meant to replace the flashing according to the quote. He is asking for more money to come and fix this, but I don't think we should be paying them anymore, however I would like to get some advice from some plumbers about it, and anything else you think is not right with the installation.

Attachments

• 24969 v01 - APPROVED(1)_Redacted.pdf
    73 KB · Views: 21
  • 491 Wickham Terrace (8 of 26).JPG
    491 Wickham Terrace (8 of 26).JPG
    82.4 KB · Views: 31
  • 491 Wickham Terrace (7 of 26).JPG
    491 Wickham Terrace (7 of 26).JPG
    77.1 KB · Views: 32
  • 491 Wickham Terrace (2 of 26).JPG
    491 Wickham Terrace (2 of 26).JPG
    90.6 KB · Views: 32
The quote states 'Dry Pan', so did they just cover the existing roof with flat sheet?

Is there a downturn at the bottom of the flat sheet into the gutter?
The top of the flashing looks a bit on the dodgy side.
The fixings are spaced way too far apart on the apron flashing.

Your in QLD.
Contact the Plumbing Industry in your State. Try Master Plumbers QLD, they may lead you in the right direction
For the amount quoted, you should have received a 'Certificate of Compliance' for the works done.
If you haven't, ask the company who you contracted to do the works to provide one.

Looks a very ordinary job of rectification from the pics provided - and expensive!!
Can you post some more pics?

Reply to What are all the things wrong with this roof installation? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock