Search the forum,

Discuss water softner in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

damaan

Hi,
i am interested in getting a water softener as I will be changing boiler and refitting bathrooms. Has anybody got experience and advise about them?
Many thanks in advance

Some boilers are not suitable for softened water.

Thank you RPM, I didn't know that> Do you know if Vaillant 938 with water storage or Viessmann 111W.
thanks

Thank you RPM, I didn't know that> Do you know if Vaillant 938 with water storage or Viessmann 111W.
thanks

I don`t, however the softner can be plumbed to bypass the boiler. Others will be along later better placed to advise you.

Stainless steel hex on vaillant so your okay, the worcesters Ali hex doesn't like them

Plus it's only the fill up & topping up, I don't let a water softener affect me installaling Bosch as the soft water is still beneficial to the plate hex etc...

Just take precautions & put signs on the boilers fill key etc about the procedure!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to water softner in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

C
Hi, can anybody help, I am able to use my cold water supply to my boiler to also be used to plumb in my fridge and washing machine, thanks in advance
Replies
Views
Hi , I'm wondering whether anybody can help me at all ? My boiler has started making noises which I am unable to identify. If anybody is able to guide me to the route of the issue itll be massively appreciated. I'm looking for an idea of how much it will cost to get it repaired. The water has...
Replies
Views
Hello, We hade a problem with our hot water not working in one of our bathroom's (all other outlets were working) Therefore we got the Thermostatic Shower Valve changed and everything was working again. However a few days later, both hot and cold no longer works for the bath and the hot...
Replies
Views
I am repiping my whole house and changing from combi boiler to a 30kW system boiler & 250Ltr or 300Ltr unvented indirect hw tank. Can somebody give advice on my rough plans/sketches for repiping my radiators using 22mm & 15mm. I have only shown the flow line as the return line will just be a...
Replies
Views
Hi, I recently fitted a new central heating circuit and ran hot and cold to the bathroom and kitchen in my property (I was a CORGI registered central heating installer about 15 years ago, so I felt comfortable running the flow/return to rads). I am in need of a combi boiler install with a...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock