Search the forum,

Discuss Washing machine valve in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,
I'm trying to disconnect my washing machine. I've gone to the tap behind it but cant see a valve.

Does anyone know how I can turn it off? Ibe attached a picture. Any help will be greatly appreciated as I've got a new machine coming tomorrow.

Cheers
20200616_163457.jpg

the valve is on the top of the item turn it one way will only go 1/4 of a turn

I've looked at the valve covers and one has just come off in my hand. So.ive used my spanner to turn the nut 90s and now the hot is off. The cold valve almost appears to just spin around...no matter which way I turn it the water just continues to flow. It's almost the valve cover is just spinning around. I'm thinking maybe just turn off at the stopcock and then connect the new pipe? Or , is there an easy way to remove the valve cover without damaging anything?
Thanks again for all your help

Reply to Washing machine valve in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

A
My mum is trying to connect a washing machine and dishwasher in her kitchen. She got a guy out to do the job and he ended up making a hole in her washing machine hose and ramming the dishwasher hose into it, held together with masking tape and charged her 200 quid for the privilege of her...
Replies
Views
This is a picture of my sons sink plumbing. The yellow arrow goes to the dishwasher and the red arrow goes to the washing machine. There is a problem with waste water going from the sink, into the washing machine I guess because the pipe, right on the elbow isn't high enough. I have tried to...
Replies
Views
Hi, all. I have a leak problem behind the washing machine. It's a pipe that is leaking directly into a drain. It used to drip but now is leaking a steady stream without stopping. Seems to be coming from water heater but I cannot tell. It is cold water. When I turn off the main water supply, it...
Replies
Views
Pritesh Patel
P
Hi, I have just moved the washing machine into the garage and it will not drain. I wonder if it's something to do with the way I have installed the waste? The washing machine is only a month old and was working fine this morning before re-positioned. I put an 1100mm hoorizontal run at around...
Replies
Views
Hi My washing machine is 5m away from the water mains copper pipe/valve. I've currently got a long blue inlet hose connecting the washing machine to the copper pipe/valve. Is this OK or should I get more copper pipe added and then use a shorter blue in let hose to connect the 2?
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock