Search the forum,

Discuss Vokera lpg, new boiler no benchmark in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

gingalig

Gas Engineer
I'm looking for clarification if possible. I was asked to service a vokera combi, turned up and clocked that it seemed brand new, socket was actually covered by the casing, 3md drop in 2 mins , flue to close to plastic soffits, 15mm gas supply pipework, no chain on cylinders, no secure base for cylinders, no limescale reducer, no mag filter, no boiler plus. I asked for the paperwork and apparently the installer had no lpg ticket and there was no benchmark. I shut the supply removed the fuse warning labelled and ID,d the boiler. Ive now been asked to go back and told the issues have been rectified other than the gas leak. Should I walk away and sorry but no thanks? Riddor as an installation that was left as a running thing and has a leak and is built over a socket or service and make note of all the faults on the paperwork. I feel a bit sorry for the bloke hes in his 70,s and rural based but uncomfortable with what is either a diy fit or a bloke down the pub that's done a rubbish job of an install.
[automerge]1570871484[/automerge]
I'm looking for clarification if possible. I was asked to service a vokera combi, turned up and clocked that it seemed brand new, socket was actually covered by the casing, 3md drop in 2 mins , flue to close to plastic soffits, 15mm gas supply pipework, no chain on cylinders, no secure base for cylinders, no limescale reducer, no mag filter, no boiler plus. I asked for the paperwork and apparently the installer had no lpg ticket and there was no benchmark. I shut the supply removed the fuse warning labelled and ID,d the boiler. Ive now been asked to go back and told the issues have been rectified other than the gas leak. Should I walk away and sorry but no thanks? Riddor as an installation that was left as a running thing and has a leak and is built over a socket or service and make note of all the faults on the paperwork. I feel a bit sorry for the bloke hes in his 70,s and rural based but uncomfortable with what is either a diy fit or a bloke down the pub that's done a rubbish job of an install.
I think reading back I may have answered my own question.

Agree fix and if they client wants to report the guy whose fitted it don’t fix it phone gas safe up and get them out

Get your local gas Safe inspector out to see the installation he will do the necessary and will persue the installer , you will most likely be asked to do what's needed to rectify the install as the original installer is not qualified ? I had a similar experience the client got all his money back from the installer and I sorted the job out did me some good as they are now my customer and also have a rental property which I look after I also do the odd kitchen for them as he's a carpenter . Cheers kop

Reply to Vokera lpg, new boiler no benchmark in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock