Search the forum,

Discuss Viessmann Vitodens 200w Fluctuating hot water.... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

andyathr

My boiler (and entire central heating system) was installed and first used in August 2009. In February 2011 the hot water began fluctuating hot and cold. The boiler still under warranty was repaired by Viessmann with a new heat exchange plate which was blocked with sludge. They replaced this part under warranty and the system worked correctly again. Until now, when the same fault has re-occurred. They are now saying if they come back and find the same problem , then I will be liable to a call out charge and they would not replace the part under warranty. At no point when they replaced the heat exchange plate in February did they recommend I take any 'preventative actions' (for example, flushing the system). I removed three radiators in the summer to decorate behind and each drained clear to begin with then black toward the end. The system has always had a MagnaClean filter installed. I don't understand why this problem has re-occurred and I am annoyed that the system may require flushing to clear out the debris. Does anyone think the entire system may not have been treated properly when it was installed? Also, if the system were to to flushed, would this clear the problem within the boiler without replacing any parts? I'd really appreciate any professional insight into this before I call the boiler company again.... Thanks

I'm surprised they replaced it the 1st time to be honest. Usually chokages due to dirt won't be covered under a warranty. The part itself isn't faulty, the system is clogging it up

andyathr - Do you live in a hard water area? Just wondering if it's scale rather than sludge that is effecting your plate hex? It's unusual for a new, sealed and protected heating system to "sludge" up. If your installer cleaned and inhibited your system correctly on installation the production of 'sludge' should be minimal. What's the magnaclean filter like? Is it caked with 'sludge'? Something doesn't sound right to be honest :)

andyathr - Do you live in a hard water area? Just wondering if it's scale rather than sludge that is effecting your plate hex? It's unusual for a new, sealed and protected heating system to "sludge" up. If your installer cleaned and inhibited your system correctly on installation the production of 'sludge' should be minimal. What's the magnaclean filter like? Is it caked with 'sludge'? Something doesn't sound right to be honest :)
I live in Edinburgh - soft water. I checked the magnaclean and there was a little but really only minimal 'sludge' around the magnet core. I am trying to get hold of the installer for his views on this too as he is a trained Viessmann installer, but he installed for the developer prior to my purchase of the property...

What would it cost for a second opinion? You can also investigate the cost of sending off a water sample to the likes of Sentinel for testing. The results would tell you whether the water is as Viessmann are saying or not! I'd be pretty livid if after 2 years I was told that it was down to "sludge" on a sealed system! Has any of your neighbours had similar problems? Usually on a development there are trends regards sytem faults..

:)

It's a relatively small development of only 7 flats and I have emailed everyone to investigate any other issues. Thank you for the suggestion of 'water analysis'

Andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Viessmann Vitodens 200w Fluctuating hot water.... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Milky hot water. Recently had a Viessmann 100-W combi boiler installed. Now when the hot water reaches any tap it is very 'milky'. This appears to be micro bubbles and clears, upwards, in a few seconds leaving no residue. Though this is a hard water area in 45 years have never had this cloudy...
Replies
Views
Morning, I have a job later this week with the above , Viessmann Vitodens System boiler. It has a 4 pipe setup with internal diverter and at present there is a wireless thermostat/programmer controller in the hallway. Customer wants a Honeywell Evohome System and I just wondered if I can wire...
Replies
Views
D
hello! while saving up for a new plumbing and heating installation for my new one bedroom flat, i did a lot of research on different boilers and systems, sought some advice, and settled on a viessmann vitodens 050-w, seems to offer a lot in terms of features and reliability, offers good value...
Replies
Views
The Water Board have just replaced the main water supply to our property. We have a ground floor combi boiler. The central heating system for the whole house is working as normal. Hot water is working as normal on the ground floor. However, there is no hot water to the first floor bathroom. This...
Replies
Views
I have a Viessmann Vitodens 222-F FS2B 26kW Storage Gas Boiler installed in 2014. The boiler has developed a problem recently where it short cycles but only when hot water is used. When hot water is turned on (on any tap in the property) the boiler remains off for about 45 sec. At the...
Replies
Views
tinodj
T
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock