Search the forum,

Discuss Viessmann or Alpha? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lewisplumber

Quick Q and A. What is better value for money.My neighbour wants a boiler fitted, we quoted £2300 for a Viessmann and a second quote came in for the Alpha at £1600. Both combi boilers. Its hard times for every one but what would you choose?:confused:

potterton performa, i want reliability and cheap spares that are readily available, so that would rule vissemann of for availability ,and alpha out for extortionate spare parts

viessmann come with a 5 year guarantee so spares are not an issue ,broag remeha are good and if you buy them from HSP you get a 5 year guarantee free

We fit Viessmann day in and out. They supply spares boxes to us for free so avalability is no problem. Potterton? What are they like to fit and to get air out of when you commission it? Cheers for the input though people.

We fit Viessmann day in and out. They supply spares boxes to us for free so avalability is no problem. Potterton? What are they like to fit and to get air out of when you commission it? Cheers for the input though people.

potterton fit wise piece of urine fella

Sounds good. Are they good to chase are out of easily? Viessmann can be a pig.

When you fire it up for the first time you need to purge the air out of the system. viessmann can take a good half hour to 40 minutes getting it out the whole system.

do not have this problem with the performa, and its a lot cheaper 30 kw has storming performance

Right might have to look in to them. Cheers for the help. Still wondering which would be best for my neighbour. Our one or the Alpha.

Viessmann has auto purge setting, the viessmann isnt £700 more than the Alpha, No new parts needed to be supplied by customer for 5 yrs ,most parts avaliable off the shelf from PTS, the alpha comes with a built in magna clean thingy which looks like a good idea.
£2300 sounds like a good price for a back boiler out trvs on power flush etc, £1600 I dont know how they can do it so cheap.

Last edited by a moderator:
and it was only when you replied bcg i remembered you fit veissmann and find them good boilers sorry,if i had remembered that one i would have referd them to you first

and it was only when you replied bcg i remembered you fit veissmann and find them good boilers sorry,if i had remembered that one i would have referd them to you first
No worries Dan, I always bang on about viessmann, there are people out there who really dont like them, its all about what your used to and what you like, there once was a time when all I used to fit was the baxi 105, then vaillant (still do but Viessmann is slightly better value IMOP).

how many people/tradesmen have you heard slagging off a alpha,not many if any,they are a good boiler and I can not say otherwise
They have a good track record but seem to have lost their way over the last few years ,are now selling /pushing themselves and I for one have not a bad comment about them and think they can stand against any boiler ... except ... the advanta remeha but since the b band disappearing ,am looking again at the alpha for my second chose
Viessmann,a good boiler but have not proved any thing to me and not on my list of preferred boilers however as on this forum and I know plumbers who love them but as I say,no accounting for taste
:):)

imho

alpha cd 50 is piece of rubbish do not ever install this boiler. amazing when it works but when one thing goes so does something else then something else etc.

i would fit a viessmann then you should have a peaceful life ,regarding the venting all i do is switch the gas off and switch it on and off takes 5 or 10 minutes max

Viessmann, weather comp built in, stainless steel heat exchanger and their ahead of most other boilers in the tech department. Well respected boiler in all of Europe. My personal opinion is Viessmann hands down.

veissmann all day long for us,5 yr gartee,used to fit vaillant ,but tech help is unbelieveable,worcester, to many plastic parts for me and the jig is crap, worcester 2yr gartee, valliant 2 yr gartee, its a no brainer.any of you fitters who have not fitted one give it a go,you wont go back.

Viessmann i prefer, but i have noticed that a lot of alphas are getting installed at the moment. i agree with the guarentee side and that does mean a lot to ppl at the moment, only a lot of ppl are not servicing them so the guarentee is not worth the paper its wrote on .

Very true about servicing, I know some of the past viessmann boilers i installed haven't been serviced so don't know what viessmann would do with guarantee if needed by customer.

do viessman offer their 5 year gaurantee as standard ? what is the average cost compared to a worcester or vaillant ? around the same price or dearer ?

Yes they offer the 5 year as standard, slightly dearer than the Alpha equivalent!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Viessmann or Alpha? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

K
Hello, Looking for some good advice on budget boilers. From what I gather (from reading this forum and word of mouth) Vaillant and Worcester Bosch seem to have a very good reputation but I'm hoping to spend quite a bit less than £1200 just for the boiler. I'm after a combi with about 12...
Replies
Views
kozmian
K
A
hello there Im going to be installing a brand new combi condenser boiler system in my house. I have completly ripped out the house aswell as ceilings. Im going to be installing boiler in kitchen down stairs and run new pipework all through house. I really wanting advice on what the best...
Replies
Views
J
Hi, would really appreciate your advice on the following: Currently getting quotes from local fitters regarding having our 15 year old Vaillant combi boiler replaced with something more effecient. Have already applied for and got back a scrappage scheme voucher, the Vaillant came out as x...
Replies
Views
Billy Bob Bob
B
R
I want to buy two boilers for a large house. The current set up is 1 Glow Worm Ultimate 28ish kw boiler serving half the house. This has been ultra reliable as one might expect of a glow worm. The other half haas a Halstead Best 90 which although not super reliable is very quick and easy to...
Replies
Views
D
Hi, Im new to the site & would greatly appreciate some expert advice. My parents applied for the Warmfront grant. They had a surveyor come to see them last week & authorise a new boiler. Currently they have a Vaillant 824 which is over 10 years old. The surveyor told them Vaillant boilers are...
Replies
Views
Deb16
D
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock