Search the forum,

Discuss Vaillant Ecotec vs Worcester Greenstar system boiler? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wondering which is best to go for here. Everything I read, they seem about even.

Vaillant Ecotec I'm told has a stainless heat exchanger and Worcester have far superior customer service.

Any advice on these two? :dead:

I can get the Vaillant for about £75 less than the Worcester.

You can't fault WB's aftercare, the same cannot be said for Vaillant! Installed correctly they are both decent.

If in terms of reliability they're about the same and the difference in heat exhanger isn't a big deal, is the £75 extra worth the extra for the customer service?

It's worth the extra when Vaillant will try to wriggle out of the warranty due to 'sludge' in the system. If you've made you mind up on these brands then I'd plump for WB.

I do hear what people are saying but I like Vaillant and on the very very few occasions I have had to call them out there has never been any quibble. A lot of it comes down to the install yes but if it's installed properly and flushed properly there should be no issues

Worcester for me Vaillant like to swerve warranty with silly excuses like copper to shiny

Next time I attend a Boiler fault with a certified boiler repairer and they start coming up with faults - I'm going to suggest that one. Copper too shiny.

As for the OP- now you seem to have your answer and your boiler choice, it time to start screwing the suppliers.

They will often do better deals if you start fronting up and questioning their best price, with cash or credit card

As our man Ray Stafford - he may be able to sort you out.

Thanks for the replies.

This will be a brand new installation. I'm renovating my property and everything is going to be brand new. From what people are saying, the extra 75 quid would be well spent to get the Worcester, instead of the Vaillant.

I have a plumber who is going to fit it for me, along with a cylinder, but is there anything I need to watch out for regarding the install?

Worcester Greenstar 12i - I have the option to get it for £629. It seems to be a reasonable price.

Thanks for the replies.

This will be a brand new installation. I'm renovating my property and everything is going to be brand new. From what people are saying, the extra 75 quid would be well spent to get the Worcester, instead of the Vaillant.

I have a plumber who is going to fit it for me, along with a cylinder, but is there anything I need to watch out for regarding the install?

Worcester Greenstar 12i - I have the option to get it for £629. It seems to be a reasonable price.

How big is the property and has the installer done his heat loss calcs ?

If you asked this question a couple of years ago, WB would've mainly been slammed as difficult to repair and just a triumph over marketing and the Valliant is the bees knees.

Depends who's shouting loudest.

Yea they have. It's a small place. 1 room downstairs, 1 bedroom & bathroom upstairs.

That's good and shows you have a good ish installer

As our man Ray Stafford - he may be able to sort you out.

Thanks for the advert oz-plumber, but I don't think that the OP is trade. Better that his installer gets the boiler on his behalf, then if there are any problems, there is not question of divided responsibilities.

Thanks for the replies.

Where are you getting it at that price?

I know someone selling them, new and boxed. Seemed a good deal.

Any thoughts on cylinders? Worcester cylinder too? I guess it's good when as much as possible is same brand?

I think you will get a very big warranty if you go for all WB branded stuff boiler, cylinder, magnet filter and controls

I like joule for a budget unvented

Worcester all day over Vaillant. The more Worcester stuff you install the longer the warranty is on all items, so it makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vaillant Ecotec vs Worcester Greenstar system boiler? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all Wondering if you could help with this strange issue. I have a Vaillant ecotec 637 (set to 20kw part load) which was connected via a LLH to my system of 3 zones; DHW and 2 radiator zones. The gas usage was high and didn’t feel the boiler was modulating, so yesterday I decided to remove...
Replies
Views
Good morning, wondered if anyone can advise please on a resolution? My set up at home is that I have a 4-bed detached with 21 radiators (includes 4 towel rails), a 6m x 4m orangery/conservatory that was built last year with under-floor heating, and a Megaflo for storing hot water. The UFH...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Looking for a bit of advice on the best way to pipe this. - 24kW Worcester regular boiler in kitchen, approx. 9 years old - unvented tank, zone vavles, pump, expansion is on first floor in airing cupboard - Currently piped as S-plan. - Hive controls. - Would like to fit 6-zone...
Replies
Views
Hi, Over the past few months, my wife and I have noticed a constant pulsing sound throughout the house which is particularly noisy at night (this could be as a result of us noticing the sound more when there is less environmental noise). Unfortunately, it is severely disrupting our sleep, so we...
Replies
Views
Hi, I wonder if anyone can offer any advice/solutions... I have a boiler, a Valient EcoTec 28 pro, which was fitted a year ago. It makes a droning noise which resonates through the entire house. When it startes you hear this drone, which is loud enough to wake you if it kicks in during the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock