Search the forum,

Discuss Vaillant Ecotec pro Low working gas pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I would like some opinions on this situation.

Vaillant Ecotec pro 28

Installed 2 years ago,

Commissioned Gas pressure reading 16.5mb at max rate.

1st annual service passed.(2018)

Just has second Service all combustion tests passed, and issued a Warning Advice notice of Immediately dangerous (ID) Reason Gas pressure on gas valve 14mbar, min requ 17mb.

Action: New 22mm gas pipe.

Vaillant Boiler installation and maintenance instructions says

Permissible gas flow pressure for operation with
G20 natural gas: 1.3 … 2.3 kPa (13.0 … 23.0 mbar)

Pressure at meter good, was checked by cadent with boiler on and all gas hobs on full.
No reply from original Gas safe installer.

Should I ask a for a second opinion on why it has classed a ID?

Boiler was switched off, but gas was not capped off.

Would it be safe to run boiler ? ( has been working fine, with no faults, good flame)

Question, Approx How much would running new pipe on outside property cost from gas meter to boiler. Metre at front if house, boiler at back of house 1st floor bedroom.

Depends on kw of boiler I’d be looking at some 28mm pipe there if it’s a long run. If it’s ID it should be capped off so it sounds like an indecisive engineer. You mention good flame you shouldn’t be removing the front cover of your boiler as it creates a combustion seal. It’s not just about flame picture it will also be the FGA readings, I assume he did one

When I meant flame good, was referring to
upload_2019-3-26_10-13-57.png

also no LF faults

How did cadent test if the boiler is off?
You can get a second opinion, they can cut a test point under the boiler to get a true reading

As we say we don’t know distances routes or where you are in the world so we can’t comment on cost

You need a second opinion from a Gas safe registered Engineer who has carried out some on site tests.

The 14 mbar W.P. (Working pressure) is not something I would consider Immediately dangerous but I do not know the reasons he came to that conclusion?

If it was considered to be immediately dangerous, I would expect the Engineer to ask your permission to disconnect it from the gas supply and also issue a warning notice explaining the reason.

You need a second opinion from a Gas safe registered Engineer who has carried out some on site tests.

The 14 mbar W.P. (Working pressure) is not something I would consider Immediately dangerous but I do not know the reasons he came to that conclusion?

If it was considered to be immediately dangerous, I would expect the Engineer to ask your permission to disconnect it from the gas supply and also issue a warning notice explaining the reason.
The notice says " Gas working pressure at P1 on gas valve 14mbar min req, 17mbar.
Details of action taken: Boiler off, gas off. remedial action required: New 22mm gas pipe.
But thr gas is still on, so wanted to know if running at 14mbar is ID?

I wasn't there to witness why it was classified as i.d. I (like anyone else) would need to carry out various tests in order to arrive at a decision. Sorry, I know this is little help and I hope you understand that as registered Engineers, it would not be fair to undermine a decision made by another registered Engineer over the internet, based purely on what you tell us. The Engineer who you dealt with may have had good reason to arrive at the decision he did.

There is a bit of conflicting information though. Above, you mention the 13 mb to 23 mb which comes from the newer manuals. The Engineer has wrote 17 mb required. That information was from older manuals so which one do you have?

I wasn't there to witness why it was classified as i.d. I (like anyone else) would need to carry out various tests in order to arrive at a decision. Sorry, I know this is little help and I hope you understand that as registered Engineers, it would not be fair to undermine a decision made by another registered Engineer over the internet, based purely on what you tell us. The Engineer who you dealt with may have had good reason to arrive at the decision he did.

There is a bit of conflicting information though. Above, you mention the 13 mb to 23 mb which comes from the newer manuals. The Engineer has wrote 17 mb required. That information was from older manuals so which one do you have?
I have the new one. not sure why engineer wrote down min req. 17mbar. maybe he was not aware of new values?

I have the new one. not sure why engineer wrote down min req. 17mbar. maybe he was not aware of new values?
Maybe not!
Best thing to do is inquire. He may well have the 17 figure in mind and be unaware that it has been altered recently.
Worth asking in my opinion, it could save an expensive job.

Maybe not!
Best thing to do is inquire. He may well have the 17 figure in mind and be unaware that it has been altered recently.
Worth asking in my opinion, it could save an expensive job.
Agree. I have been in touch will the call centre and they wont send another engineer until I can provide proof/paper work from candent to show that gas meter pressure was checked. Thats going to take another 5days!.

Agree. I have been in touch will the call centre and they wont send another engineer until I can provide proof/paper work from candent to show that gas meter pressure was checked. Thats going to take another 5days!.
If you are without heating and Hot water because of something you think may be their fault, then you could insist on a visit?

Bet he’s tested from the gas valve need to add your resistance eg normally around 2.5 mbar and 1 for your line so total 3.5 mbar

Nope. I fit one when installing the boiler. As I once had 14.5 at the valve. Put a test point in before the boiler and had 19 at the boiler.
Thanks Very interesting ...

On a side note. When I requested to have the condensate trap cleaned, he put it back without filling with water. When I asked why? As Service manual says to, his reply was no need for this type of boiler, when boiler runs it will fill by it self.

Is he right?

Thanks Very interesting .

On a side note. When I requested to have the condensate trap cleaned, he put it back without filling with water. When I asked why? As Service manual says to, his reply was no need for this type of boiler, when boiler runs it will fill by it self.

Is he right?

No. The condensate trap should be filled prior to running the Boiler. If the trap is dry, products of combustion will exit the condensate pipe termination point until the trap has filled.

If all that you say is true, I think you should voice polite concern in writing (email) to the service manager.

Thanks Very interesting .

Is he right?
We’re you watching, reading the book and offering an opinion during the service?

Valliants are known to loose pressure through the gas valve ask your GSI to install a test point before the gas valve and retest , you should have 21mbar +/- 2mbar at the meter and 20 mbar +/- 2mbar so no lower than 18mbar at this test point on full load . Kop

Reply to Vaillant Ecotec pro Low working gas pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my toilet a good few times nothing is going to the sewer so don't know is there a blockage or what way it works many thanks and advice would be grateful
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock