Search the forum,

Discuss Vaillant Eco Tec Pro 28 - Hot Water but No heat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all!

I have an EcoTec Pro 28, it's producing hot water just fine but no central heating. The wireless thermostat (British Gas RCPlus/Drayton Digistat) is calling for heat, the boiler doesn't seem to react. It's just a solid green light.

If i put it in SFH mode (- and +) i can get it to pump heat into the rads for around 10/15 minutes thus proving the diverter valve is working, surely? I have tried connecting plug 3+4 to miss out the switch but it still does nothing. I've had an engineer out this morning and he reckons it's PCB but he didn't seem to be 100%.

If I press 'i' it shows no faults, just '1' followed by 'nnn'.

If i press the '+' it shows S30, rightly so as it doesn't seem to think it needs to produce heat.

I'm stuck as to whether its my diverter valve, thermostat or PCB.

I've scoured the internet for days and I can't find a solution so any help would be greatly appreciated!

The only solution is to get a better/more experienced gas safe registered engineer out.

The best solution my friend is to get another engineer in who is more confident with Vaillant. Sadly by removing the front cover of the boiler you break a combustion seal which is protecting you and your family from any nasty fumes the boiler may kick out. Hence It is illegal for you to remove it unless you are Gas Safe.

Sounds sludged up to me. But as above, get another engineer that is up to speed with vaillants to give you a diagnosis.
Don’t just throw parts at it yourself

Sounds sludged up to me. But as above, get another engineer that is up to speed with vaillants to give you a diagnosis.
Don’t just throw parts at it yourself

Interesting, I had used a cleaning agent in November when I fitted some new radiators. Maybe it's a piece of sludge preventing something. What would you guess is blocked?

Interesting, I had used a cleaning agent in November when I fitted some new radiators. Maybe it's a piece of sludge preventing something. What would you guess is blocked?
We would suggest that you get another engineer out to have a professional look mate.

I’m afraid you aren’t going to drag a response out of us my friend. Please read the forum rules. I think we’ll end this here

I’m afraid you aren’t going to drag a response out of us my friend. Please read the forum rules. I think we’ll end this here
Thought I’d closed this myself. Must not have pressed the right button.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vaillant Eco Tec Pro 28 - Hot Water but No heat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock