Search the forum,

Discuss Vaillant Boiler Over Run control in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello,

I've just had a regular Ideal boiler (15 yrs ols) removed and replaced with a Vialliant 430 boiler with Nest control. My Boiler is located in my garage but the Nest is in the emersion cupboard. The pump is located in the emersion cupboard. The boiler requires a separate feed from the control board back to the Pump and is referred to as the Over run feed. This keeps the pump going for a few minutes after boiler call for heat is stopped. Now here is the issue, I don't want to pull up all the floors to lay a new feed for just the overrun so I'm thinking if I use the signal at the boiler (240v) to power a remote WiFi or RF transmitter to signal over run and then place the receiver in the emersion cupboard that picks up the trigger and sends 240v feed to the pump and when over run turns off the signal is stopped and the pump feed is removed. Simply really but can I find such a unit to do this, nope so can anybody suggest such a device otherwise I'm going to have to make my own.

Les

Is overrun still required on these boilers? Haven't wired up a conventional boiler in a while but I can't seem to find anything in the manual stating it is required, but then I can't see anything saying it isn't either.

Is overrun still required on these boilers? Haven't wired up a conventional boiler in a while but I can't seem to find anything in the manual stating it is required, but then I can't see anything saying it isn't either.

in theory no but better

alu hex must
ss recommended

Hello,

I've just had a regular Ideal boiler (15 yrs ols) removed and replaced with a Vialliant 430 boiler with Nest control. My Boiler is located in my garage but the Nest is in the emersion cupboard. The pump is located in the emersion cupboard. The boiler requires a separate feed from the control board back to the Pump and is referred to as the Over run feed. This keeps the pump going for a few minutes after boiler call for heat is stopped. Now here is the issue, I don't want to pull up all the floors to lay a new feed for just the overrun so I'm thinking if I use the signal at the boiler (240v) to power a remote WiFi or RF transmitter to signal over run and then place the receiver in the emersion cupboard that picks up the trigger and sends 240v feed to the pump and when over run turns off the signal is stopped and the pump feed is removed. Simply really but can I find such a unit to do this, nope so can anybody suggest such a device otherwise I'm going to have to make my own.

Les
Are you Gas safe registered? You stated that you have had the boiler fitted but then state that you do not want to lift boards?

Are you Gas safe registered? You stated that you have had the boiler fitted but then state that you do not want to lift boards?
Hi, nope engineer fitted the boiler and its working fine without the over run but for it to be covered under warranty it should have the over run wired in. When I say I don't want to cut up the flooring because they not floor boards but the chipboard stuff and its likely to cause a mess. I've already had somebody reply with the info I needed regards the remote kit so all good.

Hi, nope engineer fitted the boiler and its working fine without the over run but for it to be covered under warranty it should have the over run wired in. When I say I don't want to cut up the flooring because they not floor boards but the chipboard stuff and its likely to cause a mess. I've already had somebody reply with the info I needed regards the remote kit so all good.
Your missing my point. Your going to spend £99.00 on an RF box when you could just use a cable from the old timer as that cable will go to the 10 way in the airing cupboard and the boiler. The old wiring is now redundant as the rf receiver is now in the airing cupboard?

Would the rf receiver have any effect on warranty? As it's not permenatly wired then it could be argued that the signal may not work 100% of the time. If there was ever an issue with overheating and a warranty claim was made, something like this may go against you.

Would the rf receiver have any effect on warranty? As it's not permenatly wired then it could be argued that the signal may not work 100% of the time. If there was ever an issue with overheating and a warranty claim was made, something like this may go against you.
Good point. Didn’t think of that. My ideas looking better and better.

these things are ok but not 100% reliable yet

these things are ok but not 100% reliable yet

nothing is ever 100% reliable but somehow people keep putting wireless stats in

yes shaun but wireless stats and wireless pump overrun are two totally different things

use the same principle but ok just use a time delay relay call goes off time delay relay kicks in for 5 mins done there your pump overrun

if your wireless stat doesnt work no harm to the boiler just no heating but if wireless pump overrun inop different issues

how as they have a flow switch so the heating will just turn off

still need pump overrun on hot water so whenever boiler fires still needed depending on manufactures instructions

only with combis this is a heat only but then you wouldnt need the rf solution as its inside the boiler

heat only are the most prone to this issue depending on boiler siting and pipework after boiler.

still doesnt answer your question why would a heat only need the pump overrun on hot water (when the hot water is used)

so whats the issue when the boiler doesnt have its overrun (safety wise)

still doesnt answer your question why would a heat only need the pump overrun on hot water (when the hot water is used)

so whats the issue when the boiler doesnt have its overrun (safety wise)
its not a safety issue boilers will lock out on overheat if heat not being dissapated after stat shuts them down. its the long term damage being done to the heat exchangers that is the problem

would be best but not mandatory on ss hexs as they can take the heat

Your missing my point. Your going to spend £99.00 on an RF box when you could just use a cable from the old timer as that cable will go to the 10 way in the airing cupboard and the boiler. The old wiring is now redundant as the rf receiver is now in the airing cupboard?
All the cables between the boiler and the immersion cupboard are all used the engineer tells me. I either place a new cable under the floor back to the boiler just for over run or I use the RF kit i'm told.

Reply to Vaillant Boiler Over Run control in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock