Search the forum,

Discuss Unvented heating system, unusual boiler fault in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Pauld1962

DiddlyP
Called to a customer today and the system boiler keeps repressurising on its own ... After I dropped out all the pressure I watched as it refilled ... The filling loop was disconnected at the time ... Customer reports that it's never done it before ... The only way I could stop it was to turn off the cold mains ... !! ... Any help appreciated ..

Combi boiler ?

It's an old system boiler Vaillant thermocompact vu 282/1e ... Unvented cylinder ... Is there a test for split coil and what causes it ... They use the immersion most of the time as solar power is available ..

Drain & valve off cylinder coil in that way they can still use the immersion or Solar for domestic hot water.
The heating system pressure should stop rising. If so it is the coil & you will have to order a new cylinder.

I isolated the F&R at the boiler at 1.5bar and it held .. Once the return was opened the pressure rose immediately and water meter was turning over .

Probably cylinder coil gone then.
Is it a copper unvented cylinder, or stainless steel?
If you are not G3 qualified, just be aware if no isolating valve on mains supply to unvented cylinder, then only install one BEFORE the combination valve. (Between the combination valve and cylinder must not have any valve)

Reply to Unvented heating system, unusual boiler fault in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem could be. We have a biomass boiler and stratification tank set up and recently had an issue with boiler pressure dropping off when the system was cold...
Replies
Views
Can central heating / gas engineer expert help me with below issue. During winter time only, I have been having issue with low pressure or pressure dropping with unvented hot water cylinder system. During summer time there is no usage of central heating so the pressure at unvented system is not...
Replies
Views
B
Issue with boiler short cycling in system with hot water tank. We have an ideal heating logic heat2 h15 boiler which feeds a hot water tank upstairs in the house. We have an issue where if the boiler isn’t set to 80c then the boiler will short cycle, the hot water tank thermostat is set at...
Replies
Views
I have had a problem where 2 downstair radiators are not heating up the same as the rest of the radiators around the house, now previously i had an electric boiler which heated all the radiators just fine, but around a few years ago i had a gas one fitted and the radiators in the living and...
Replies
Views
Hi I have recently bought a house which is 17 years old. There was a small leak from one of the radiators So I took the pipe off and drained the radiator and the water was black/brown. I took the radiator off and flushed it out with a hose pipe out the garden but it's got me thinking and I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock