Search the forum,

Discuss unfinished tado extension installation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

can someone please help? i have to go away tomorrow for work and the Mrs is NOT happy its not working....

The tado extension is still showing as an unfinished installation but not telling me why. I have done various different wire combinations for the combi boiler we have including replicating what was there previously;

L & N connected

Combos;

wire to 1

wire to 4

(Both tried in jump 1 and 2)

Wire to 1, bridge wire from L to 4

wire to 4, bridge wire from L to 1

There was a bridge wire in the old thermostat, hence trying it in this one

Each time with no luck, on the web app still showing as unfinished but connected. i can click on the installation instructions and tells me congratulations, its complete but it still shows as unfinished.

The bridge and smart thermostat are shown as completed installation.

Firmware on both smart thermostat and extension are the same

anyone help?

Thanks for reply

its an old baxi boiler. we had a honeywell wireless thermostat installed quite sometime ago and that has stopped working so a perfect excuse to upgrade.

When i took the old off, there are 3 cables with a bridge so i thought it would be nice easy like for like installation

Try that. Press and hold the button on the top of the extension kit until the led flashes rapidly. Once it’s connected to the other bits room stat the led will fade in and out.

From looking at the picture it appears that the third cable was in position b.

i have held the button down for 8 seconds to restart, then 3-5s so the led blinks rapidly. soon after it blinks 4 times and then a pause to show connected. i go to my tado login where it shows its connected but still unfinished installation.

sounds like its a connection issue

the opposite, its turned off but thats great because it was constantly heating and the house was upto 26 degrees so now its detected the thermostat, its cut off... so far id say so good. is definitely correct being in port 4, id have thought port 1 was correct

Reply to unfinished tado extension installation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock