Search the forum,

Discuss Under Floor Heating Flow Meters Silted Up in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

McYoda

Hi,

I have a UFH system with a GSHP. The UFH system has 3 manifolds all with glass flow meters.
The flow meters on the manifold nearest the GSHP are turning brown. The system was installed in mid 2010 and there were signs of brown in the flow meters in 2011 but the flow meters are nearly unreadable (mid 2014). There is a filter in the UFH system on the GSHP return. The other 2 manifolds only have minor staining. When the UFH system was installed Sentinel X500 was added to the water but I am not sure what else.

Is this an issue, what is the cause and what should be done about it if anything?

Thanks for your advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Under Floor Heating Flow Meters Silted Up in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Two loop UFH system heating 24M2 with lots of glass. Loop lenghts 90M each X 16MM OD piping UFH output 9.52kw. flow/return 55C/34C, dT 21C fowrates, 3.0LPM & 3.5LPM = 6.5LPM total Boiler Vaillant Ecotec plus 438. flow/return 65C/59C due to high recirc rate required to get the boiler away at...
Replies
Views
Hi, Solar thermal not so big these days but a couple of Q for anyone who still works in it. Background. I'm an Electrician not a plumber.. I've been maintaining my otherwise excellent solar thermal (Original install MCS by Others), for the last ~ 18 years, over which time I've needed to clean...
Replies
Views
Hi Is it normal to have very black UFH flow meters on a relatively new manifold (see image)? (Note the two clear flow meters on the LHS are for circuits which are not yet operational, so no water flow through them as yet.) Background is that I have an unvented system boiler CH system...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am using mu UFH for the first time and it doesn’t seems to get the whole floor warm enough let alone the room. (Intalled May 2022). First use this week. It is installed as per manufacturer’s details but seems to have to much temperature drop across the loop approx 25degc. Flow rate...
Replies
Views
J
We’ve had a UFH system installed as part of our home renovation which is run alongside our existing radiators. Some of it is in rooms with LVT flooring which means we’ve got to be careful with water temperature (floor temp limits are set, but can easily overshoot if water is too hot). Our...
Replies
Views
JSlippy
J
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock