Search the forum,

Discuss TVR Cold Rad Problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PaulHayes

I have stone cold rad which has been fully bled of air, I suspect the TVR is faulty. The supply to the TVR is hot, but no hot appears to be able to enter the rad. Have unscrewed TVR, and the pin in the attached pipework part is partially out. Has this stuck in a closed position, can I push it down manually with a block of wood to unfree, or do I need to replace the whole unit draining down the system?

Try pushing but DON'T pull unless you like internal water features.

Push and pull the pin untill it frees up, they get stuck in the off position. Just as DKIA say's dont pull it right out. It only moves a few mm each way.

Must confess I didn't know you could tug them a little - not sure I'd want to risk that though, knowing my luck at touching trvs while trying to be helpful.

Thanks guys, a small sideways tweak with long nose pliers, and up the stem popped. The offending TVR brand was Caleffi, this is the 3rd one that has stuck, all circa 7 yrs old, are they a lousy brand?

I am correct in assuming that the TVR can be placed on either the flow or return side, as at least one of my lockshield valves heats up before the TVR?

if you have a tvr on your rad then i would suggest the radiator being cold is the least of your problems,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to TVR Cold Rad Problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi - I'm a reasonably experienced DIY plumber but just can't work out why the last new rad I've installed is cold - would really appreciate your help please. I've extended an existing 'run' of radiators - the last one on the run ( in downstairs kitchen) is cold. The first rad added is...
Replies
Views
Hoping somebody can help, So, in a nutshell… Standard 90s Westbury home – condensing boiler, pump, wall thermostat, etc etc... Normal, common or garden, run-of-the-mill British housing estate CH setup. Downstairs radiator, 1 of 2 in our living room, went cold one evening mid-November last...
Replies
Views
We are considering buying a house which currently has a 20 year old Ideal Icos boiler, so we're factoring in replacing the boiler soon. Current boiler is on an external kitchen wall with the flue going straight out. However, it's positioned in between a door and the kitchen window, quite close...
Replies
Views
This sounds like an examination question but it really is a problem two different plumbers have been unable to resolve after spending several hours studying my hot water system. My flat has a vented hot water system supplying hot water to the kitchen and bathroom taps. The pump is a Stuart...
Replies
Views
Our upstairs radiators were getting much hotter much quicker than down stairs. To try and balance I altered some of the lock values on the upstairs rads (not fully closed though) this seemed to work and the downstairs rads were much hotter however one of the upstairs rads was now totally cold...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock