Search the forum,

Discuss Triton bar valve shower installation advice in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

We have a Triton Westbourne Bar Valve Mixer shower with diverter. The instructions clearly show all the components which include Push Fit Wall Brackets to attach to the pipes. The instructions also detail the installation of the wall brackets and reference that the supplied brackets come with separate installation instructions.

I have installed the hot and cold copper pipes by sinking then into the existing brickwork, installing tile backer board and then glass mosaics over the top. So I have two copper pipes sticking out at 90 degrees to the wall at 150mm centres.

Now that I have come to install the shower, the box appears to be missing the push fit wall brackets. I have rang Triton and they have said that the shower does not come supplied with the wall brackets as they are an extra. This contradicts the instructions which clearly show them as supplied and even details that they are supplied. Triton said the fitment must be made using the two supplied offset connectors. These are indeed included but through further research it looks like these screw into a bracket / connector that should have been fitted prior to tiles and backer board. I haven't done this as I've followed their instructions, expecting to use the wall brackets.

After explaining this, they then went on to say if the shower is a diverter shower and has two shower heads, (which it does), then the push fit wall brackets cannot be used anyway as the riser can't be spaced of the wall correctly.

I've been looking on YouTube and there are lots of videos of people using similar brackets to install bar valves with just the pipes exiting the tiles walls. I even found a Triton installation by Triton themselves which shows installation using the wall brackets "that can't be used" to install one of their other diverter showers.

So I am thoroughly confused as to:

1. Why the instructions says the wall brackets are supplied, but Triton says they aren't.

2. Why are Triton telling me I can't use these brackets, when the instructions say I can and their own installation videos say I can.

33. Has anyone got any advice as to what I can or can't use? Has anyone used these push fit wall brackets? Are they as robust as the compression type?

Sorry for the long post!

Many thanks,

Daz

https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/bristan-bar-valve-wall-mount-10-fixing-kit-chrome-plated/13771

That should sort you out providing the shower doesn’t use anything special just two 3/4 nuts

The wall mounting kits in Shaun's post are all that I use on bar showers. Any offset connectors that come with a shower go in my scrap bucket.

Not a fan of Triton, prefer Mira and the come with the wall mounts and a little plastic template to make sure you get the pipe centres correct.

The wall mounting kits in Shaun's post are all that I use on bar showers. Any offset connectors that come with a shower go in my scrap bucket.

Not a fan of Triton, prefer Mira and the come with the wall mounts and a little plastic template to make sure you get the pipe centres correct.

Thank you both for your replies.

Not sure why Triton have told me they can't be used.

Are the fixing kits all of a similar quality? The Bristan one in Shaun's post is a recognised make though there are a few bad reviews with talk of plastic parts, etc. I see Screwfix has another kit by Swirl that has very good reviews. Any preferences on particular kits/ brands?

Thanks,

Daz

I always stick to name brand you could try the swirl ones but I’ve never used them so can’t comment on quality

as for bristan there’s no plastic on the bristan one

Aren't the chrome covers plastic with a chrome finish on the Bristan ones?

I think the Swirl ones are brass with chrome finish. Presumably these might be more durable though I'm sure the chrome could come off brass just as easy as plastic.

you know what ive never noticed there heavy enough where you wouldn't question it

I think the Bristan ones are plastic, but they are smaller projection from the wall than the others , which can get you out of trouble with some valves.

I too think the swirl ones are one of the best, also few quid cheaper, I tend to buy half a dozen of these at a time as our merchants charge nearly double for inferior ones, imo.

Reply to Triton bar valve shower installation advice in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

J
I have an existing shower which I've removed and exposed the two pipes from the wall. If I was taking a guess they're around 2cm ish in diameter. I have the Mira shower here is the instruction guide...
Replies
Views
JamiePattison
J
I’m experimenting with the installation of a floating countertop / basin. At the top of the picture are the brackets I’m considering using. Below that is my ‘test rig’ screwed into the garage wall (same blocks as used in the bathroom). At present I have just over 28kg sitting on these brackets...
Replies
Views
hi all i hope you are all well i'm planning to install my shower mixer on Saturday. today i was doing a dry fit and i wanted to show you some photos and questions. i'm using fast fixing brackets. i was wondering what length do i cut the pipe to? also my shower bar mixer has these cone shaped...
Replies
Views
Looking for advice please, our plumber has left us in it and I think I may know why. So they where supposed to be fitting a cloakroom sink putting the pipe work in the wall then fitting these black shut off valves and black trap but can’t see how this is possible the way the work has been...
Replies
Views
Hello, and thanks for taking the time to read. I'm trying to work out if the idea I have is practical? The water pressure in my newly renovated house (4 bathrooms is tragic). Current set up is: A hot/cold mixer in the main ensuite which is ok as long as you don't run anything else. One electric...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock