Search the forum,

Discuss Towerchron QE2 Timer issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

turner13

Hello all, new to the website and hoping someone can help with our issue.

We have a Towerchron QE2 timer/programmer running our hot water and heating (gravity fed system). The boiler will fire up at 6am as expected and both the heating and hot water lights illuminate. The problem is that it will not circulate the hot water around the central heating system. The rads are stone cold but we do get hot water out of the taps. We have to turn the hot water off for the heating to take over and circulate around the rads, then the rads work fine.

This involves a lot of manual overriding which obviously defeats the object of the programmer. Nothing in the instructions (from what I can see) explains why the central heating doesn't come on even though the programmer says it is in fact on. I suspect its a valve issue but wouldn't the heating system capable of working with manual override rule the valve out?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

The cold couple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Towerchron QE2 Timer issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, I have an OSO Direct 210 hit water cylinder installed in my home, with 2 switches (on/off; and boost). The boiler is for hot water only (rads are electric). In the 5 years that I’ve lived at this property, I’ve never once turned the boiler off; however, with soaring energy prices, I’m...
Replies
Views
Heating and hot water is not working. Plenty of heating oil. I have replaced batteries in thermostat and it seems to be working ok, showing flame to call for heat, and the receiver seems to be working ok with green light, but heating is just not firing. I really am not sure what the problem is...
Replies
Views
  • Solved
Hi, I am looking for a bit of advice. Our Gledhill hot water tank was installed incorrectly 18 months ago and has been sending bubbling hot water to our plastic header tank in the loft every time we turned the heating on. We first noticed an issue with a leak in our bedroom ceiling which we...
Replies
Views
So a strange conundrum regarding water temp if anyone can help resolve, would be much appreciated. Ive tried to give as much info as possible to give a full picture but let me know if ive missed anything. I have a Baxi Avanta 25h heat only boiler. Works fine. Unvented 300ltr megaflow. Stated...
Replies
Views
Hi, Over the past few months, my wife and I have noticed a constant pulsing sound throughout the house which is particularly noisy at night (this could be as a result of us noticing the sound more when there is less environmental noise). Unfortunately, it is severely disrupting our sleep, so we...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock