Search the forum,

Discuss tool for cutting a floorboard in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

dancinplumba

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
which tool would/do you use to cut 1/ several floorboard/s to gain access ? sabre saw? multitool ? circ
240v/batt ?

Multi tool for 2-3 boards, circular saw for a whole room.

The only way to safely lift floorboards other than by hand (using a hammer and feather splitter and a hand and pad saw but even then you may still cut something you don't want to) is by using a rip snorter (circular saw) as it is the only tool you can set the blade depth to and guarantee missing whatever lies below.

Unfortunately you can't guarantee not hitting what lays below when you come in after a numpty that hadn't notched the joist deep enough and has cut a groove in the floor board instead.

I use a reciprocator saw for a few boards & a rip snorter for lots more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - Couple a' Tools

Circular saw for me :)

Unless it's only one or two in which case its quicker to go in by hand rather than unpacking the saw and cables...

Hand saw & pad saw are much neater for floorboards, - especially just one or two boards. Circular saw leaves a wide joint & pile of sawdust everywhere, but often needed for plywood & chipboard sheets. Multitool is by far the best tool for cutting a floorboard on top of a joist, as it is a very fine neat cut & you can cut close to nails. Also good for cutting boards close to skirting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to tool for cutting a floorboard in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All, I'd like to install new radiators in my home which are currently fed by copper pipe via the floor boards. I live in a bungalow and access beneath floorboards is quite good access. I'd like to change the piping to come out the walls instead and therefore looking to use speedfit products...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem could be. We have a biomass boiler and stratification tank set up and recently had an issue with boiler pressure dropping off when the system was cold...
Replies
Views
Hello I want to replace the old single panel rad in the bedroom with a K2 double panel Stelrad one. I think I'm OK in general and relatively sensible (!) but I just want to check the steps involved to make sure I'm not missing anything before starting. System info- Steps (I think)- 1. Turn...
Replies
Views
Hi guys and gals, I'm looking to try to change from a Y-plan to an S-plan-plus this year to have a heated bathroom. While the house isn't that large, a mixture of south-facing brick and north-facing (and Jerry-built) timber frame construction means no single thermostat will cut the muster...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm in middle of my bathroom renovation and about to connect up the shower valve. Thus far I've run all copper but would you recommend I use soldered to 1/2 adapters in to the valve or compression fitting to 1/2? Obviously I'd need to pre-solder the adapter before installing the 1/2...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock