Search the forum,

Discuss Toilet pan connection problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kc1

I need to connect a WC to a horizontal soil pipe - the problem is that the centres are only 150mm apart from where the pipe enters the floor. I also need to connect the basin waste somewhere.

wasteproblem.jpg

This connection is within a cabinet behind the WC, so have about 300mm depth to play with too - the pipes are close to the wall.

I have 2 possible ideas :
1. use a solvent weld T horizontally, and an elbow - but trim each socket down to about 20mm before gluing a 40mm bit of pipe between.

2. bring the existing soil pipe in higher up the wall completely above the WC connection, and then use a branch at the bottom mounted 45 degrees round (forward), with another 45 degree bend connecting to the WC. I think rotating 45 degrees will give me about 210mm between centres (if i've got my maths right).

Which would be better - or is there an entirely different way to do this?

I also need to find some way to connect the basin waste pipe - does anyone make a 90 degree 110mm bend with a boss for a 40mm pipe? - i can't find one anywhere.

I think I'd cut the soil pipe above the floor, fit a branch vertically above that and then use a 110 street elbow to connect the WC. You can cut the spigot on the street elbow to get it close to the stack. Hope that makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Toilet pan connection problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have just installed a combination all in one WC/small basin…. Out of the fill valve there is a small tube which emits a lot of water during the refill (I believe it is known as a refill tube) and is connected directly into the overflow tube that drains into the pan, Googling suggests...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm reworking our ensuite which is next door to the main bathroom. I want to connect the new toilet into the existing soil pipe which runs directly under it. See the picture below for the layout. Can I simply put a strap boss on to the existing soil pipe or is there anything I should...
Replies
Views
As part of a slow DIY bathroom refit I've removed the old toilet from the original location next to the soil pipe (and obviously capped off the branch) and plan to place it the opposite end of the room. I was pretty lucky to find a 110mm sewer waste pipe below the old sink which is the new...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I’ve got a close coupled toilet wher the waste come out of the back of the toilet then it’s a 90 degree bend to the right where it goes off through the wall. However with the 90 degree pan connector pushed into my soil pipe, the pan connector end isn’t long enough to reach the back of...
Replies
Views
Hi there I fitted a Sanicompact 43 about10 years ago. A few years ago i noticed that it would intermittently activate in the middle of the night so I fitted a simple pull cord swith to turn it off at night About a month ago I recently had a blockage so pulled it apart and cleaned everything...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock