Search the forum,

Discuss Timer wiring installation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matty Birch

Gas Engineer
Hi guys need help wiring up a programmer to glowworm betacom ... usually have an electrician that charges me £40 but has today let me down, have done basic wiring before before never installed stats. Will attach a few photos and beg for guidance (manufacturers either arent clear or i cant look past the end of my nose)

Thanks in advance.

20180529_112152.jpg

20180529_112311.jpg

Make sure it complies with boiler plus or you have something else that does. Link live and common in the timer back plate and connect the RT on the green boiler block to terminal 3 in the back plate ( if it is a wiresless programmable stat )?

Pal,
If you can't understand what is required off the wiring diagram, get a sparks in.
As far as I can see, there are a couple of options available, depending on the thermostat requirements and the boiler requirements.

Pal,
If you can't understand what is required off the wiring diagram, get a sparks in.
As far as I can see, there are a couple of options available, depending on the thermostat requirements and the boiler requirements.
That’s why I asked what stat/timer it is mate

Looks like a Drayton backplate

I'm guess migeni

Be careful what you link to or you could blow the board ! 230 or volt free connection

Cheers guy for response lads ... its a drayton mitime ... will have a nest in in next few weeks (due a full rewire) but my usually sparkys have a good bank hol i think and isnt answering phone, comments really helped got there in the end my idea was to take rt to common live (dont ask lol) any decent wiring courses out there tou could reccomend? North west based

baxi 3 day wiring course

did you remove the 24v link?

Cheers guy for response lads . its a drayton mitime . will have a nest in in next few weeks (due a full rewire) but my usually sparkys have a good bank hol i think and isnt answering phone, comments really helped got there in the end my idea was to take rt to common live (dont ask lol) any decent wiring courses out there tou could reccomend? North west based
Danfoss or Honeywell both run good courses and hands on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Timer wiring installation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi folks, hoping someone can help with a problem that's been perplexing me since just before Christmas..... I have a wet underfloor heating system installed in 2003 and manufactured by Underfloor Direct in NI - Now out of business. It's one of their triple tube systems and hasn't given me much...
Replies
Views
We have an all Vaillant setup - an EcoTEC Plus 637 system boiler plus wired VR720 and VR92 SensoCOMFORT controller, driving two CH zones plus DHW. It all works, but unfortunately we have found that the room stats are poorly located, and so the level of control is not what it should be. We had...
Replies
Views
Hello - I'm a relatively new owner of an old house here in France that was updated by the previous owner who lives in the UK. He used one channel of a two channel Horstmann C27 to control turning on and off the electric water heater. Given that I'm from the states, I'm not all that familiar with...
Replies
Views
N
Hey guys, I've searched the forum, but haven't found anything useful. I don't know the name of the thing I'm looking for, so I apologize in advance if this is something basic that I should have found in a search. So basically, my electrician is an old fella who doesn't know much about heating...
Replies
Views
Hi Just had a new boiler system and smart programmer fitted (salus IT500) Plumber wasn't to sure if the stat was wired correctly as he wasn't clued up on smart programmers . Everything works fine on the new system apart from when it calls for heat it don't like it and I have to put it on...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock