Search the forum,

Discuss The correct order in which to place seals? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a shower tray waste I'm putting together. Unfortunately the waste came with no instructions as to which seal goes where and as my first attempt resulted in a leak I thought I would get some professional advice ;).

A is the drain slot in the shower tray.
B is a rubber seal with grooves
C is a smooth rubber seal
D is the top of the waste that screws into the bottom part (E). E also has a grooved seal built into it.

Could anyone tell me the correct order in which the seals should be mounted and if sealant should be used anywhere?

Thanks,

Mark

1.jpg

b.jpg

c.jpg

d.jpg

e.jpg

c on e

b ontop of a

d through all of the above into e

Reply to The correct order in which to place seals? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Just moved into a house and in process of renewing sealant around the shower cubicle. Feel free to skip to the bottom to get the question! There’s a gap (20mm in length & 3mm height) at the bottom of the frame (where it meets the shower tray) closest to the wall that appears to have been...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need some help on this shower drain installation. I’m about to install a corner shower kit in my basement bathroom. But I just found out the shower drain is actually extruded from the bottom of the shower base and I have concrete floor with the drain pipe rough in. I have the drain pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi I had to remove the glass panels from this quadrant shower cubicle and I'm struggling to get one of the screens back in place properly. The small glass panel is supposed to slide into the wall channel, and some holes in the side of the channel (inside the cubicle) should align with some...
Replies
Views
Hi all I really need some help or advise….. Back story….. Some years ago my dad had an extension to his house which included a newly built downstairs shower room. Recently he had this downstairs shower room re-fitted/decorated. Quite a simple set up consisting of a sink, toilet and shower...
Replies
Views
Hello, Recently I received an unusually large water bill which led me to the discovery of leaking flush valves. I have two toilets and it turned out in both the valve seals were bubbling so I set out to replace them. For now I just flipped them over as the other side was smooth on both. The...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock