Search the forum,

Discuss Telford tempest cylinder fault? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

lupieloo

Gas Engineer
Hi

I have a Telford tempest unvented cylinder and I'm finding that when the hot water is on and I turn it off on the programmer the TPRV opens and let's the hot water out. Only stops running when it cools down again.

What I find strange is that it only happens if I turn the programmer off. If I have the immersion heater on all day it doesn't happen. I thought it would be the TPRV but surely this would open if the immersion heater was on aswell and was faulty?

Any ideas?

1. These cylinders need an annual service. Has this been done?
2. If the programmer is part of the indirect (heating coil boiler driven) circuit, I would suspect a problem with the motorised control valve, particularly if a three port valve has been used alone, rather than the cylinder having a dedicated 2 port.
3. The immersion heater may not be raising the temperature high enough to trigger the TPRV.
4. You need a G3 qualified technician to investigate and rectify. The cylinders are NOT DIY.

Reply to Telford tempest cylinder fault? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I have changed the 3 port actuator Honeywell head however this doesn’t seem to have solved the issue, does this mean that the programmer is faulty? Or is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it 😬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock