Search the forum,

Discuss Tado Viessmann Update - Best Result? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I though I would share with you my experiences.
Vitodens 200w System boiler and Tado V3+

Boiler fitted by engineer selected from Viessmann Website (Viessman advise they have no control over fitters). Complete car crash, tried to fit two pipe system to four pipe boiler, on site six times to fit Tado and refit boiler parts:mad::mad::mad:. They will never darken my door again.

Ate humble pie and contacted my previous engineer (only went with new to get 5yr warranty).

After four hours on site and conversations with both Viessmann (good) and Tado (stunning) we got there.

My whole objective was to keep the Geofencing of the Tado, we have had it for years and love it, the boiler switches off when you leave the house.

Viessmann advised that, despite Viessmann promoting Tado there were still conflicts.

The Tado engineer was very competent and appeared to know the Viessman inside out.

So I have ended up with.

• Vitodens 200w with Weather Compensation - THis sets boiler performance
  • Demand from Tado Thermostat (This also sets the target temperature)
  • Viessman switches off burner but keeps pump etc running when target (Tado) temp is reached
  • Geofencing from Tado :)
  • when I change my temp on my Tado, it changes automatically on the Viessmann
HOWEVER

By following the instructions from Tado the DHW part of the App has gone :(. I cannot switch the hot water on from my phone but no biggy.

So, in summary I have nearly everything I wanted. Perhaps in the future a software update will get round the DHW issue.

Good Luck

Glad you got it sorted , ish .
IMO all this sort of stuff just complicates a superb boiler and theres no need for it .
I will be fitting a 200 in my new gaff sometime this summer and it wont get all that lot lol .

Glad you got it sorted , ish .
IMO all this sort of stuff just complicates a superb boiler and theres no need for it .
I will be fitting a 200 in my new gaff sometime this summer and it wont get all that lot lol .

with you on this just use the weather comp, pointless turning it off as it does what it says keeps the house at comfort conditions. if i could fit in another 200 i would have one when we replace boiler.

Thermostat and extension kit. I have read about the vitodens with WC but after five years of Geofencing we are hooked on Tado.

From the top of my head. I think the hot water on wire will go in to port 3 on the thermostat.

When you paired the thermostat up (when the rings appeared you’d need to select your hot water control too)

I’m not a big fan of smart stats tbh. I don’t like people being nosey with what time I turn my heating on etc...

Although, I’ve installed loads for my customers.

Reply to Tado Viessmann Update - Best Result? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

H
I have a Viessmann 100-w four pipe system boiler controlled by a Potterton EP2001. I have bought a Tado smart thermostat starter kit v3+ but can't find out how to wire it. I have seen mention of using a Tado extension kit but the Tado website says: Extension Kit The Extension Kit performs a...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
D
hello! while saving up for a new plumbing and heating installation for my new one bedroom flat, i did a lot of research on different boilers and systems, sought some advice, and settled on a viessmann vitodens 050-w, seems to offer a lot in terms of features and reliability, offers good value...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I am new to the forum, thanks for having me. Tomorrow I am getting an ATAG i28C installed but, unfortunately, the gas engineer that will fit it is not an ATAG partner. Therefore, I spent the weekend trying to understand a bit more about what options I would have to control the...
Replies
Views
Hello! I have a large house, 20 radiators + UFH. Heated house area is about 350 m2. House is class B, it is written in the certificate that house requires 73 kWh(m2/year) for heating. I had my system fully upgraded last year, installed new Vitodens 200-W 49 kW (B2HA) model with Vitotronic 200...
Replies
Views
A
Hi all, I have a viessmann vitoden 100 w boiler and we have had a three hour power cut this afternoon/ evening. The boiler switches on and the temp just goes down and then flashes up 0c. From what I can see this error code means blocked burner? The oven also will not ignite. I have tried to...
Replies
Views
Abbie S
A
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock