Search the forum,

Discuss Sooting-up of photocell in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ambriel

We had a new Grant Vortex Pro 26e boiler (external) installed just before Christmas after the water jacket in our old boiler split.

Since the n I've twice had to clean the photocell after it became excessively sooted-up.

We've had some quite strong winds recently and I've read this can cause this to happen.

Any comments or suggestions?

Yes, - you need to get an oil engineer to commision the boiler properly. Also while he is there he will have to totally service the boiler, no doubt. The inside of the shell must now be dirty with soot also. The photocell should not get dirty. That boiler is critical to be set correctly and kept clean inside.
Did you have the boiler installed with a proper oil engineer?

Yes the boiler was installed by a qualified heating engineer, thanks, :nono:.

Because of where we live he's not 'just around the corner'. He's sixty miles away. I've asked him to come back and check it, though.

The gist of my query was if it was setup on a still day would the last few weeks of strong winds have affected it? This is an outside boiler, remember.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shot yourself in the foot there. Now you'll be forever wondering because you've had all the help you're going to get.

Get someone in who knows what they're doing.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Sooting-up of photocell in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi there. I have Grant oil fired boiler which when cold, takes multiple times to fire up. It will run for say 20 or 30 seconds with hot exhaust gases then it stops. The fan is still going then it starts off again and stops again. After 4 or 5 goes it runs fine. When the boiler gets up to...
Replies
Views
I have a Grant Vortex Blue 26kw external oil boiler, installed less than 12 months ago. It's had intermittent non-starting problems resulting in multiple warranty visits, part replacements and eventually burner replacement. The replaced burner I discovered was a 'yellow flame' one, apparently...
Replies
Views
Hi all, came across this forum this looking for information on my sooting up kitchen type indoor Enviromax. I'm a retired electronics/maintenance engineer, (fwiw can answer questions on popular smart home thermostat systems), but I've installed many solid fuel boilers in the last 40 years for...
Replies
Views
Hi, i've got a job with a Vaillant Ecotec 630 system boiler, and i don't know the full history but the house has definitely been extended significantly since the boiler was installed. There's now 21 radiators/towel rails. It's getting to temperature, but even after balancing, it's not heating...
Replies
Views
C
Hi all, all new to this breakdown life, currently waiting on getting on a training course, so just been relying on technical and instructions since I passed my oftec. The current boiler is a two pipe line off a tiger loop. I went to a Grant vortex boiler last week where the boiler went into...
Replies
Views
CJAY40
C
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock