Search the forum,

Discuss Snap-on tools in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

scotty plumber

Can somebody please tell me why snap-on tools are so expensive? Was just looking on e-bay and even second-hand is over the top!

not sure but I believe they come with a full lifetime guarantee!! had a mechanic friend who brought a roll top only to find some knackered tools sent them back to snap on and got shiny ones back!!

Life time guarantee is the only thing I know about them that makes them expensive

I think there is a little bit of Louis Vuitton too,

But IMO I prefer bahco.

Hi,

Snap-on tools are top quality usa made and are quaranteed for life im aware of.Quality equipment always command a high price.Personally i woundnt go out an spend a bucket load of cash on them.Maybe the odd tool.......

Andy.

Lifetime guarantee? That sounds great pity they do not do plumbing tools!!!!!

Life time guarantee is the only thing I know about them that makes them expensive

I think there is a little bit of Louis Vuitton too,

But IMO I prefer bahco.
I like bahco too, Very decent tools and not that pricey either

Snap on will generally be of no interest to plumbers or boiler men. We don't need that standard of quality guarantee for all we would be using a spanner or socket for and the tools they make which we would use (pump /groove pliers) are junk compared to others.

Life-time gurantee is nice , until they walk off !

High 2nd hand market can be a nuisance .

Last edited:
i'm quite happy with crescent grips, had some bust on me, tool shop exchanged them no problem.

Lifetime guarantee is all very well but how many would actually use it. If you were a mechanic and the snap on rep was in every other month then yes you would, but for us no. I have smashed up a few marples lifetime guarantee splitproof chisels (they cant take a 4lb hammer) and i even snapped the head off an Estwing
IMG_3215.jpg

Lifetime guarantee? wgaf. Just buy a new one.

we had nearly a full roller cabinet full nicked in the 90's still find my 1/4'' drive great for mono knuts due to the micro gears.

Lifetime guarantee is all very well but how many would actually use it. If you were a mechanic and the snap on rep was in every other month then yes you would, but for us no. I have smashed up a few marples lifetime guarantee splitproof chisels (they cant take a 4lb hammer) and i even snapped the head off an Estwing
View attachment 6531

How the hell did you snap the head off an Estwing?

you need a mate in a grarge then , i pick them up off car boots quid hear ten bob there etc only had to pass one back my mate like put come foloowing weekend i had a nice new one

I have a good few snap on tools and tha only draw back is loosing them or them being stolen, I have to disagree with tamz on the pliers though as I have got a pair of 14" pump pliers that have never failed to get an immersion element out

View attachment 6531

How did you manage that?

How the hell did you snap the head off an Estwing?

I think it might have been by cutting through concrete block walls.
Doing new build stuff with suspended drians in the solum. You had to cut through the blockwork dwarf walls to feed the 4" in. The estwing would smash a hole through the block in about ten hits without knocking the full thing down. After about 2 years of doing that the head snapped off!

For a mechanic, If you've used them (and can afford them), Snap-On makes sense. I've got a bunch of Snap-On that I use when working on my (and others') motorbikes.

However as Tamz says, there's no point for a plumber.

ive got SO adjustables, grips, stillsons, pipe cutters and screwdrivers and can confirm the quality is out of this world, my uncles best freind owns a snap-on franchise and gives us the best deals, that said alot of snap-on stuff can be bought alot cheaper than of the truck as SNA-Europe is the parent company of bahco, irizola, palmerea, lindstrom and irimo to name but a few. SNA is snap-ons European holding company and as such snap-on cherry picks all the best products from the above named companys such as bahco adjustables, irimo jacks and vises, lindstrom pliers and palmera screwdrivers, these tools are identical to the snap-on ones but half the price with out the snap-on name on it.

I am told try Teng tools if you want close to Snap-on quality for spanners & sockets.
I have a small set of Teng spanners - basically a mechanics set, but no sizes missing, & they are lovely gear. Have used Teng sockets & they brilliant & not too expensive really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Snap-on tools in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this for suitability. The thing is my son panics during tests/exams. Is there any book I can buy him to practice the multiple choice test for the exam? What...
Replies
Views
We have 2 brand new cordless, battery powered press tools in stock, and flying off the shelves. Our TekTools TZ1930 & TZ1550 are packed with advanced features - these cordless press tools are engineered for speed, precision, and ease of use across various applications. Just reply to this thread...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock