Search the forum,

Discuss Size of shower proformer in Wetroom - does size matter. in the Canada area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, I'm looking to change my downstairs bathroom to a Wetroom. It's currently an enclosed shower with a wooden floor on joists. I'm going to have the wooden floor remove and a Wetroom installed with a tiled floor. Please see picture of upstairs bathroom showing large tiles on the floor and mosaic tiles in the shower area, upstairs refit used a 1500 x 800 pro former.

My question is regarding the shower tray proforma.
I would like the linear drain to be along the wall (1500 x 800cm) so prefer that one, or the other option would be a smaller square pro former with a drain under the shower head (900x900) . Please see rough drawing. The length of the bathroom is 190cm.

My question is, is it better to have a large pro former 1500 x 800 to ensure no leaks when showering as it covers a wide area or can I consider the smaller 900 x 900 with the linear drain under the shower. I know the floor will be sealed but just wondered if having a larger pro former would be the wiser choice ?

Would appreciate any help, Thank you.

Attachments

• 0C0C6FEF-02CE-4F60-9AF7-100D71DF71D9.jpeg
    0C0C6FEF-02CE-4F60-9AF7-100D71DF71D9.jpeg
    52.9 KB · Views: 17
  • 06EED410-F190-4892-9999-A7445B0C61B4.jpeg
    06EED410-F190-4892-9999-A7445B0C61B4.jpeg
    89.6 KB · Views: 17
It really doesn't matter what you use.
It comes down to the look you want.

It will be easier to screed the shower base with a grate that covers the width of the shower.
It will also be more comfortable to stand in the shower.

With the grate at one end, you have the option of not using mosaics on the floor and have larger tiles fall into the grate.

Far better look if you ask me.

It really doesn't matter what you use.
It comes down to the look you want.

It will be easier to screed the shower base with a grate that covers the width of the shower.
It will also be more comfortable to stand in the shower.

With the grate at one end, you have the option of not using mosaics on the floor and have larger tiles fall into the grate.

Far better look if you ask me.

Hi Many thanks for the reply, yes I think I will go for the larger version, thanks again.

Reply to Size of shower proformer in Wetroom - does size matter. in the Canada area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I've got an issue with the shower tray not being totally flat. As you can see from the photos, it is about 7mm out at one side. It's leaning towards the waste end though. The shower tray is pushed underneath the tiles. My mate did the tiling and I now realise that we should have put the shower...
Replies
Views
Void under shower former My recently installed solid resin shower tray / wet room former has around 4mm flex across a dinner plate sized area in the middle. It's on a concrete base that was unevenly screeded over. The gap will likely be under 10mm. It has not yet been tanked or tiled but would...
Replies
Views
Size of bathroom 230cm x 210cm Height 230cm Birmingham Area Initial problem Burst pipe underground in bathroom, concrete. Have had this dug up & made safe for now, have had affected pipe cut & put end caps on. Work required Full bathroom remove old tiles walls and floor. Renew tiling. New...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks, I am building a wetroom from scratch, i am a very experienced plumber and bathroom fitter but amazingly have never been asked to do a wetroom before - I have watched a lot of videos on the subject and am happy to pay for and use a tray however it occurs to me that I am building a...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old fittings, and old wall tiles and floor carpet). This consisted of a quadrant shower enclosure, a stone-resin shower tray, new ceramic tiles on the floor and half tiling on the walls. All the work...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock