Search the forum,

Discuss single channel programmer probs( Potterton Baxi28HEplus) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

spanner

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Bought a single channel programmer and have also fiited the wiring centre. Now I think I must have missed a wire out or something.
Wired from the existing 3amp fused spur have live neutral earth(123)to wiring centre and in (4) have the wire from live room stat(BROWN) to number (3) swtch live to the programmer
I have disconnected(uninstalled) the internal timer from the PCB boiler before starting new programmer, and left the room thermostat switch live(BLACK) in its original place in boiler housing
Now I've set up the programmer and when demanding for central heating nothing is happend(hot water ok) and no central heating..
Does this need a digital room stat(existing stat is a dial type room stat)? or is there still an existing wire to be connected from the combi??:confused:

Last edited:
have you linked the 2 black wires of the exiting timer? this will prove the boiler you need to intercept these as they are the control wires

Thanks mate, when you say the existing one, I've disconnected the old clock by the pcb connection, and at the moment have the new clock live and only one(single) wire out from the clock to the brown com wire to the boiler(room stat) and the black swtich wire(room stat) in its place in the boiler housing and have re-set and timed but still doesn't fire the boiler even on advance??
where would I find these two black wire to link mate..??
Thanks.

on the built in timer on the fascia two black wires link them to get it working then re-direct them (via the terminal strip)to your new clock

Thanks there Dan as its a bit late to be up 2much I'll do this next weekend as I'm away for the week the old programmer clock timer I've reinstalled again and alls on hold.
Should I keep the connection to the PCB board and tape the two black wires(at back of clock) together and disconnect the blue and brown connection and tape separately with insulation tape??
thanks again.

Tahnks for the help its much appreciated Dan, but put the two(black) wires together tonite and no presto..!! the boiler runs constant central heating on. I've reset both the timer and the boiler, turned the room stat down, and the boiler stops, so there seems to be a connection. But is still not working from the programmer Ive installed.
Still the live from the room stat has the single wire to the programmer and the black switch live is still in the same place.?
Does the switch live(black) from the room stat have be conected to the programmer too??
Thanks mate.

the link the 2 black wires together was just to get it working temporarily,trace these back to the wiring block(next to the pcb) and these are your control wires that you take your clock to

Cheers Dan, just need to get the connection direct from the new programmer to the boiler. The boiler will fire up no problem but would run constant irrespectively of the new programmer installled.
Thanks mate

No sir eee..
The programmer doesn't light up when hesating on
Thinking abouts trying disconnecting the room stat live from the boiler and connect the programmer switch live (ON)live only, (would this be worth a go???)

Thanks for the help in previous posts. Went round and a round to get the programmer to work on the boiler, but found that the "cal live on" would always be on once boiler is turned on, so when the programmer is calling for heat was already switched live.
Any way since Ive installed the programmabe room stat which works 3on-3off per day over 7days and had also uninstalled the internal programmer...supose it was experimental fun after all, and now I have a wiring centre, single channel programmer and a digital thermostat HANDY eh
Thanks for the helpwas much appreciated and any tips on how to get as good as you mate????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to single channel programmer probs( Potterton Baxi28HEplus) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock