Search the forum,

Discuss shower waste full of water is it normal ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pepelepew

Hello,

I just had a new shower tray fitting with 90mm waste, I find strange that the waste cup is always full of water and also the pipe. The water is exiting the tray but not really fast. Is it expected?
Picture below
Photo%2021-01-2015%2014%2058%2029.jpg

Thanks!

Hello and welcome. That will be a trap water seal to stop the bad smells coming back up from the sewer.

Hi Pepe and welcome, like already mentioned the cup of water acts as a trap n stops that drainage smell entering your shower room, as regarding the speed it flows away I can only think that it's either not u great run in the drain pipe or the pipes starting to fur up , u could always try a drain unblocker ( caustic soda ) out of a builders merchants,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to shower waste full of water is it normal ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a leak from my shower, it's coming down into my kitchen. I've had the sealant, waste pipe and tray all checked. I've also had the shower controls checked. Weird thing is the shower leak only happens when there's weight on the shower tray. The shower tray doesn't flex in any way, which is...
Replies
Views
Hello hello,, Hoping there are some experts or experienced Bulgarian plumbing chaps in this site ?. Here in the UK I can fit a bathroom just with the experience I have picked up over a lifetime. I can make copper pipe runs isolaters taps sink shower etc but me and the missus have bought a small...
Replies
Views
Size of bathroom 230cm x 210cm Height 230cm Birmingham Area Initial problem Burst pipe underground in bathroom, concrete. Have had this dug up & made safe for now, have had affected pipe cut & put end caps on. Work required Full bathroom remove old tiles walls and floor. Renew tiling. New...
Replies
Views
Hi all I really need some help or advise….. Back story….. Some years ago my dad had an extension to his house which included a newly built downstairs shower room. Recently he had this downstairs shower room re-fitted/decorated. Quite a simple set up consisting of a sink, toilet and shower...
Replies
Views
Hiya - posting in this forum as I'm guessing this relates to my neighbour above's boiler, but I may be wrong so please say if so. Basically the attached pix and vids show my issue. I've got a small copper-looking pipe protruding from the wall above my rear tenement bedroom. It's dripping almost...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock