Search the forum,

Discuss Seized oil pump yet again in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Had a new boiler fitted 6 months ago only to discover water in my oil tank which resulted in seized pump. Just had another fill of oil and yet again more water and another seized pump. Can these seized pumps be reconditioned? I guess a new oil tank the only solution. Any advice/guidance much appreciated

No, not as far as I know.
Do you know how the water is getting in?

Oil/Fuel pumps are self lubricating and will not last very long without Oil inside them. I am talking in minutes as opposed to hours or days.

No, not as far as I know.
Do you know how the water is getting in?

Oil/Fuel pumps are self lubricating and will not last very long without Oil inside them. I am talking in minutes as opposed to hours or days.
No idea how the water has managed to get into tank. Going to try and syfon out the water from tank tomorrow.

You need to get to the bottom of the water ingress. Is the tank open to atmosphere?, ie single bunded and vent missing? You need to dip the tank with water detection paste to see how much water is in the tank. You can get the water and oil pumped out and separated

I have had this problem, the water was condensation forming on the underside of the tank and dropping into the stored oil causing nuisance lock out of the burner and eventually pump failure, called in a local oil tank cleaning company who sucked out the contaminated oil cleaned the tank replaced the seal on the lid and refilled it with new oil. Cheers kop

Reply to Seized oil pump yet again in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I'm looking for some advice on a frustrating problem I'm having with my old Eurostar 50-60s oil boiler please? Although it's old, most parts needed to operate it are now new. The symptoms indicated a broken/seized burner motor or oil pump. I wrongly assumed the motor so I ordered a new one only...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a wallstar combi oil fired boiler. We got low on oil a couple of weeks ago but didn't run out. Since we've had our oil delivered the boiler won't fire up when hot taps are turned on so no hot water. The boiler fires up periodically to heat water but not when we turn on taps. I...
Replies
Views
A
Hey, here goes and I hope it works.. never used one of these before! I have a Sagittarius Ergo mixer shower min bar of pressure required 1 bar. Connect to this is a 1.5 bar Ora Salamander pump for a positive head, this was connected by a plumber of course and we’ve had it all rigged up...
Replies
Views
Hello, my Mothers heating failed in the recent UK cold snap. I found the pump was stuck. I have a question about pump orientation. The existing pump flows downwards. The manual for the proposed replacement recommends that it should pump upwards. This would involve rearranging the flow &...
Replies
Views
Hi All, We have finally decided after a bit of a persuasion to have installed a utility room in our garage that currently houses our oil boiler. Initially we thought the boiler may stay in place but after discussions with the builder we would have to move the boiler to replace the floor and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock