Search the forum,

Discuss Sanicompact leaking in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there,

ive just installed a sanicompact silence eco c43 as part of a cloakroom install, but there is a black pipe on that connects to the underside of the rim that when flushed, lets water out. I was wondering wether it should do that, as its leaking on to my floor, and if not, how to fix the issue. i am a keen DIY'er, but this is the first time i have attempted anything like this and i want to make sure that its right.

cheers in advance

Hi there,

ive just installed a sanicompact silence eco c43 as part of a cloakroom install, but there is a black pipe on that connects to the underside of the rim that when flushed, lets water out. I was wondering wether it should do that, as its leaking on to my floor, and if not, how to fix the issue. i am a keen DIY'er, but this is the first time i have attempted anything like this and i want to make sure that its right.

cheers in advance

As you standing facing the pan is it the one on the right or the one on the left?

It the one on the left, that goes through a little hole

The one on the left is an open pipe, the one on the right goes in to the ceramic, a simple push fit connection?
If so that`s the one that sends the water around the rim to flush and it is a known fault with some castings. If it is new then tell Saniflo that an experienced friend has explained it and they should replace the entire thing. On no account let them send an engineer to bodge it with a sealant. If you brought it second hand then that`s different and I will advise further.

Oh thats nice lol. Ive had it for about 4 months now, but only just installed it. Yes the one on the right goes straight into the ceramic, and sends the water through the rim. The one on the left is also attached to the ceramic, but as uou said before, is an open pipe, and allows the rim water to go through it and on to my floor.

Oh thats nice lol. Ive had it for about 4 months now, but only just installed it. Yes the one on the right goes straight into the ceramic, and sends the water through the rim. The one on the left is also attached to the ceramic, but as uou said before, is an open pipe, and allows the rim water to go through it and on to my floor.

Ok, for now place a flower vase or similar to catch the water. The problem is incoming water pressure is too high so you need a pressure reducing valve between the isolating valve and the Grey pipe to bring it down to around 1.8bar.

So there isnt an issue with the casting? Ive aready got a drinks flask there to catch the water, ill get a pressure reducing valve fitted. Thanks for your advice. There isnt much on the web about these for some reason.

No issue with casting as that pipe is an open vent. Get an adjustable pressure reducing valve as the compact needs 1.7bar to make it work and Saniflo will not give us a maximum pressure and yes I agree intel is somewhat restricted.

WARNING; One wet wipe flushed away and you will know about it in sound and your wallet will be somewhat lighter.

The pressure reducing valve worked a treat. No more leaks. Thankyou for the advice RPM. One more question if i may.....the sanicompact starts its flushing sequence during a wee, almost as though its sensing that the bowl is too full. Is this normal, and if not, how can i remedy this?
Thanks again

The pressure reducing valve worked a treat. No more leaks. Thankyou for the advice RPM. One more question if i may.....the sanicompact starts its flushing sequence during a wee, almost as though its sensing that the bowl is too full. Is this normal, and if not, how can i remedy this?
Thanks again

Would you happen to know what the pressure was before fitting the pressure reducing valve?

One more question if i may.....the sanicompact starts its flushing sequence during a wee, almost as though its sensing that the bowl is too full. Is this normal, and if not, how can i remedy this?
Thanks again

Again this is another known problem due the small water tank in these units.
Is it every time you have a wee and do you have a basin connected to the Sanicompact?

Its after a big wee!! No there isnt a basin connected as yet. Im not sure what the pressure was before the valve was fitted. But it was set at the standard 3 bar, so i can only assume it was higher than that

Its after a big wee!! No there isnt a basin connected as yet. Im not sure what the pressure was before the valve was fitted. But it was set at the standard 3 bar, so i can only assume it was higher than that

Well you could pay somebody to disconnect the basin pressure switch or pour just enough water down the pan to activate the pump sometime before you go to bed if using it at night is the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Sanicompact leaking in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi there I fitted a Sanicompact 43 about10 years ago. A few years ago i noticed that it would intermittently activate in the middle of the night so I fitted a simple pull cord swith to turn it off at night About a month ago I recently had a blockage so pulled it apart and cleaned everything...
Replies
Views
Dear professionals, could someone kindly advise on per below issue, please let me know if more pictures or details needed. I think my Auto Air Vent is now leaking. A little background on the boiler – installed a year ago in Feb, Valiant Heat only boiler Eco Tec plus 424, plus new pump. The leak...
Replies
Views
I have a leak from my shower, it's coming down into my kitchen. I've had the sealant, waste pipe and tray all checked. I've also had the shower controls checked. Weird thing is the shower leak only happens when there's weight on the shower tray. The shower tray doesn't flex in any way, which is...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello, I'm a homeowner, not a DIYer. I have an almost 1 year old SaniCompact Comfort wall-hung toilet which has worked flawlessly until about a month ago. The last couple of times it was used, it made a loud noise and acted like it didn't want to flush. I guessed that it might be time to...
Replies
Views
The pipework around the hot water tank in the airing cupboard has developed several leaks after a chemical flush. It's an open vented system. Any ideas on controlling or fixing the leak? Should I turn off the red valve (pic 1) that has a leak next to it and rundown the hot water? Pic 2 a...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock