Search the forum,

Discuss Salus RT500 RF problem. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

trigger25

I've only been at my present house just over a month and last night I found the central heating was still on at 3.30am which is way after the programmer should have made it go off. I have programmed the remote unit as per the manual and the 5th and last setting was set to 10 degrees which means the CH shouldn't be on. It hasn't done this before as far as I can tell.

The boiler is a Vaillant ecoTECH Pro 28 and the programmer is a Salus RT500 RF. I have reset the programmer and changed the batteries and sat by the boiler which is in the loft and it appears to switch on and off OK when I manually adjust the temperature set point. It also switches the boiler off when I put the programmer to sleep. Apart from altering the RF switches and links is there anything else I can do without changing the programmer for another brand.

Any advice gratefully appreciated.

Trigger

try altering the Dip switches. The stat comes without any changed/removed and it is possible that you have something near by that is on the same frequency as you have and is turning it on and off. I have known it happen quite a few times and is worth checking

Was it too hot in the house ?, in this cold weather -3 outside and non perfect insulation
our heating has been set for a night time top up ! before Full heat in the morning !
( especially if a bathroom window is left a jar ) Maybe you reached the 10 degrees limit ?

I did wonder about the 10 degree settings and have now set them to 7 degrees as a test. As johnf also suggested I will change the RF DIP switches and links as a final test and if that doesn't work the I'll have to think about a replacement programmer.

Thanks
Trigger

.......I'll have to think about a replacement programmer.

Thanks
Trigger

If controller link is broken , some get stuck in current condition .
So house should either be too hot or too cold - and a change may be best !

( don't put Wifi routers / Phone hot-spots too close to receiver on boiler )

Occasional outages should go un-noticed (unless watching carefully)

A lot of these Salus' have these problems
Having trawled the internet I can see they have had problems. I also looked at some Honeywell ones in case I need to change it. Some of them had disappearing LCD displays.
Any suggestions for alternatives to mine would be most welcomed. Thanks

try the batteries again, sometimes they dont sit right and make a buzzing sound. make sure the display is blue !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Salus RT500 RF problem. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

It was fitted with the boiler a Potterton Suprima 30L about 21 years ago. Two PCB's later and a new fan the boiler is working perfectly. However, the programmer display is not showing any digits for the clock or anything else so I am unable to program it. It still works the boiler manually...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have an OSO Direct 210 hit water cylinder installed in my home, with 2 switches (on/off; and boost). The boiler is for hot water only (rads are electric). In the 5 years that I’ve lived at this property, I’ve never once turned the boiler off; however, with soaring energy prices, I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, whenever my Gloworm 18r is on even if I leave it on non-stop for 6 hours the flame symbol for the burner never switches off and the radiator icon never stops flashing implying the rads are calling for more heat, even though they're all red hot and have been for hours, is this a fault or just...
Replies
Views
So I've used a wireless thermostat to activate my heating since installation, but it's just stopped working (Blank screen, no new battery's fixed fixed it) The wall mounted programmer screen flash's no signal, like it's searching for the wireless thermostat, I cannot turn the heating on at all...
Replies
Views
I am generally a decent handyman, can usually make 2+2=4 and take care of most things to avoid troubling experts with just the basics, but know also not to bumble around blindly beyond that. We moved house last week and with the glorious hot weather we weren't bothered about the heating, more...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock