Search the forum,

Discuss Salamander force 30pt brass pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meady

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I fitted one of the above showers a while back and all was well for about 10 months. Then I had a phone call to say the pump stopped working, diagnosed as faulty flow switches so salamander sent out a new pump and all was good.

just got another call today about a month later to say the pump has stopped working again. I haven't been round to check it yet but does anyone have any ideas as to why it could keep doing it.

The he pump is installed to the manufactures instructions so if it's the flow switches again then I'm a bit lost as to why it would keep doing so. Cheers

maybe a faulty batch of flow switches

The first one was installed about 10months before though so surely the flow switches wouldn't be from the same batch?

The first one was installed about 10months before though so surely the flow switches wouldn't be from the same batch?

depends on how many they have sold if its been installed to mi then contact salamander again for there thoughts

Back again with the same crappy pump. It's been changed twice now, once by me and once by a salamander engineer who came out and confirmed all was good with the install.

Now roughly 4 months later it has done the same thing. Before I ring up salamander can anyone think of a reason as to what the problem could be that both me and the salamander engineer are missing. Cheers :)

still the flow switches?

I presume so, I only got the text off customer not long ago so haven't been over there. It's got filters on the inlet to the pump so surely grit wouldn't get to the pump?

Nope, there's 4 of them living there and the daughter loves showers so it gets plenty of use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Salamander force 30pt brass pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock