Search the forum,

Discuss Replace Kitchen Tap with fix copper pipes with one with flexible pipes in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Good evening,

In my kitchen I have got a tap with fixed copper tube that they fit in a plastic but in grey ( see picture1). Can I fit in the grey pipes this tap with flexible pipes? Is there an adaptor between them? What is the name of it? (Picture 2)

Thanks

Attachments

• PHOTO_20200107_205643.jpg
    PHOTO_20200107_205643.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 12
  • PHOTO_20200107_205655.jpg
    PHOTO_20200107_205655.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 14
You will need a small piece of 15mm copper to go where you take the old tap out from on the grey plastic and then a nut and olive for the flexible pipes. Then you will be able to connect. If you are unsure get a plumber, its a very quick job.

Flexible connecting hoses are a retrograde step. NHS England has de listed these fittings as the inner core is rubber, the rubber over time becomes porous and has been found to harbour nasty bacteria.
We fit copper or quality stainless steel flexible connectors, no more braided rubber cored flexis
centralheatking

As above. But you could buy new copper tails for your tap though. Take your tap with you to the merchants to get the correct size.

Reply to Replace Kitchen Tap with fix copper pipes with one with flexible pipes in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it 😬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
I have attached an image of the brass body within a tap. Having replaced a cartridge which has cured a leaking tap, I can see that there is a small leak from the brass body which can be unscrewed. Is there a seal behind the body? Thanks.
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock