Search the forum,

Discuss Remeha Boilers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wetwipe

I'm preparing to replace our ageing Myson boiler, and having been put on to Remeha Boilers by a member of this forum, my internet research has been fruitful, and I've been very impressed by the simplicity of the internals, the s/s heat exchanger, the 5 year warranty, the price and comments on excellent reliability. However, hardly anyone seems to install them, and when I found an installer, he phoned back the next day to say he has issues with Remeha boilers and that I should install Worcester Bosch. He wouldn't go into detail in order to protect himself, but said it was installation related not quality of product or reliability. Any clues anyone?

I like Frisquet boilers my self, but then I am not in the UK, but I believe that they do have a sales outlet in the UK, they are all copper body and heat exchanger with a stainless steel cylinder if wanted, 80 or 120 litres in capacity with 20 or 24 litres a minute supply with a 40°c temperature rise

I'm preparing to replace our ageing Myson boiler, and having been put on to Remeha Boilers by a member of this forum, my internet research has been fruitful, and I've been very impressed by the simplicity of the internals, the s/s heat exchanger, the 5 year warranty, the price and comments on excellent reliability. However, hardly anyone seems to install them, and when I found an installer, he phoned back the next day to say he has issues with Remeha boilers and that I should install Worcester Bosch. He wouldn't go into detail in order to protect himself, but said it was installation related not quality of product or reliability. Any clues anyone?

Dont know where hes coming from, I have more problems installing worcesters than any of the remehas Ive installed. The only time I had an issue with either boiler both companies responded equally quickly and resolved the problems. If the installer has an issue he should let you know what it is in my mind after all its only his opinion and whos going to chase him up? Ifyour near me Id be hapy to oblige drop us a pm

when I found an installer, he phoned back the next day to say he has issues with Remeha boilers and that I should install Worcester Bosch. He wouldn't go into detail in order to protect himself, but said it was installation related not quality of product or reliability.
Can't see what installation problems he could have had. I was at my son's house when he had a Remeha heat only installed and it went like clockwork.
First day: Man 1 removes old back boiler and extend pipes up into airing cupboard above (There was an existing duct). Man 2 hangs Remeha on the wall and starts to install the flue. That was a bit tricky as the F/E tank was right above the boiler, but a couple of bends moved the flue to one side. Condensate pump installed to pump up into loft and across to the stack pipe (The alternative was a pipe running along the bedroom skirting which would have looked ugly.)

Second day: Sparks connects up boiler to existing controls. (Had a bit of problem with the condensate pump but Remeha held his hand over the phone.) Boiler then commissioned. The only problem I can see is that the boiler can have many different control systems - the Wiring manual shows 26 different diagrams. Also Remeha expect the installer to carry out combustion checks, so he will need a flue gas analyser, which takes time to get the settings right.

As for finding the name of an installer, give Remeha a ring 0118 9783 434. They don't hold details of installers (or didn't when I last asked) but they will tell you who are the stockists in your area. You can then ask them who has installed Remehas and how many.

the issue you have is not the boiler, but your installer - you need your local installer to be happy as well, he is gonna be the one installing it and looking after it year after year, so it needs to be a boiler that he is happy with and hopefully has access to immediate spare parts.
As for the boiler, my company installs the Remeha range, because that is our preference for reasons of costs, ease of install, lack of callbacks, stock of (un-used) spares, every plumber has their preferences for the above reasons.
worcester bosch is a good brand name boiler.
read some more on the internet, look through some more posts here, and then find a local plumber happy to install your choice of boiler.
all of the above is my own view and not that of the forum.

definately down to the plumber not experienced in the remeha.

the worcestor is a plug and play type boiler pre commisioned in factory no need for ***bustion checks and theyre easy to work on as there are so many hence more experience.

a decent installer will install a remeha as they are good boilers.

if you were going for a glow worm then i would suggest a re think - if you were going for remeha i would quite happily go along with your choice as an installer

good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Remeha Boilers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I'm hoping for a bit of advice. We are in the process of renovating an old house and as part of that work we are upgrading the old 1980s boiler and gravity fed system with a new boiler and unvented cylinder. I got a load of quotes, went for a guy we thought seemed ok and checked that he was...
Replies
Views
Hi, some professional advice would be greatly appreciated, We are having an Unvented Cylinder installed into our 2 bedroom ground floor flat. I have had a few quotes and been given lots of differing advice, this always makes me wary, especially having suffered a history of poor quality work by...
Replies
Views
Hi All, We may need to replace our boiler - the OLDER version Worcester Bosch 35Cdi (see images attached) Our home is a 1920's Semi 5 Bedrooms 2 Bathrooms 5 x Large (1800mm) Double Panel Radiators 1 x Large (1800mm) Single Panel Radiator 3 x Medium (1400mm) Double Panel Radiators 2 x Short...
Replies
Views
Old Account
O
D
Hi, I had a new Worcester Bosch 42CDi boiler installed a few weeks ago by a local Heating engineers. Unfortunately, we were left without heating or hot water for six days, as the gas pressure was too low (only 13mbar). I was told by the engineer that the pressure cannot be tested until...
Replies
Views
Rickster123
R
J
I say 'engineers' but is that actually true in the strictest sense of the word? I guess that depends on how you interpret the work of a Plumber but it's by the by. I'll put a disclaimer in here so as to not confuse some. I am not attempting a repair of my own, I am not a DiY enthusiast where...
Replies
Views
Rickster123
R
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock