Search the forum,

Discuss Remeha Boiler Problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bajers

Hi Guys,

Wonder if you can help.

Just had my 2 year old Remeha boiler serviced by the original installer and ever since the service I have been getting a 'whoomp' from the boiler as it ignites. Not enough to shake the casing but enough to hear it 1 room away.

I am assuming that the gas is flowing a second or so before the igniter flashes up and am getting a bit of an explosion in the boiler.

The installer has been back to have a look and tweaked it and improved it slightly but not cured the problem completly.

Question is, am I being picky to get him back again? Is this noise normal and is it doing the boiler any long term damage?

I don't want to get the installer back unecessarily, but at the same time, I don't want to knacker my boiler up.

Any advice, much appreciated.

Thanks.

Barry.

I would ring Remeha direct, I think they have a 3 year warranty on labour and 5 on parts (I think)

Edit; forgot this was the ch forum rather than the GSR forum.

In short, get installer, or someone who knows these appliances round

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Remeha Boiler Problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I have a Vokera 15 vhe boiler and all has been running well for the last 6 months since moving in up until a few weeks a go. Boiler throws up a flashing 79 code. Try restarting the boiler straight away but I have to wait 10 minutes for it to cool down before it works. I reset the boiler...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone! Parents not used the boiler since 2013/2014, since installing a new wetroom for them they have now decided its worth getting the boiler running again. The only reason it has not been used i so long is the the zone valve kept getting stuck (would have fixed this myself if i knew!)...
Replies
Views
My Grant combi oil boiler is giving me quite a headache at the moment. When I returned home last Friday I'd no heating or hot water. An engineer called the next day and diagnosed a faulty pressure switch. This was changed and everything seemed ok. However then the boiler began to lose pressure...
Replies
Views
W
  • Question
My Worcester Combi Boiler is not working, instead the display flashes on and off repeatedly, as shown in <a href=" View: https://youtu.be/Touvx2c3RJE ">this video</a> I took when turning it back on this morning (it had been off overnight) - it shows the behaviour, but if that fails, all the...
Replies
Views
Hi, i've got a job with a Vaillant Ecotec 630 system boiler, and i don't know the full history but the house has definitely been extended significantly since the boiler was installed. There's now 21 radiators/towel rails. It's getting to temperature, but even after balancing, it's not heating...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock