Search the forum,

Discuss remeha 18system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gas1

Hi fitted my first remeha boiler today the 18kw system boiler and found it odd that the condense pipe outlet has no rubber on it the outlet is the same size as the overflow pipe
rang technical helpline to see if it was missing and was advised that i should warm pipe up and slide it over outlet!!!
easyer said than done so used a coupler on the outlet
what arrangement do you guys do? just seem odd to me
apart from this boiler seems made really well and very quite in operation
thanks mark

Mark
Fitted loads of Broags, and I the same as you had the same difficulty on my first one.I use both techniques you described.Depends where you buy you fittings and pipe from, as sometimes a coupler is a snug fit and sometimes I cant warm the pipe up enough, to slip it over the condensate fitting.

Regards

Graham

the broaggs are my personal favorite - how can you go wrong with that 4 page end user manual ?
as for the condesate discharge - i think its their biggest design fault, and if thats all there is its not a biggy - they will revise it on next models im sure. just use either of the above methods.
you have fitted the best boiler on the market - you can now go home and forget about it forever, minus the dreams about a different type of condensate fitting !!

Excuse my ignorance on this one boys but what is a remeha or who makes it?

I've always worked in Glasgow area but I've never came accross this boiler, do they not sell them up here or something?

oh mbear youve been missing out. broagg remeha boilers - they used to be just commercial and still do a lot of cracking boilers beyond megawatt sizing. bout 6 years ago they came into domestic market with the avanta range - others on here can tell you more about that than me. research it, and then make up your own mind

oh mbear youve been missing out. broagg remeha boilers - they used to be just commercial and still do a lot of cracking boilers beyond megawatt sizing. bout 6 years ago they came into domestic market with the avanta range - others on here can tell you more about that than me. research it, and then make up your own mind

I've wondered a few times wen folk on here have mentioned them. U boys seem to rave about them, are they top of the class boilers along with vailiants/Bosch in ur opinion? (or better?)

my personal opinon is that it is a very good boiler, the domestic boys in our team install one a week, as good as faultless. us commercial guys service a couple of hundred of the big boys and love them.
there are many good domestic boilers out there most domestic seem to love worchester bosch stuff or vaillant. ive been on hold to vailant "techie" line for 45 minutes before know so i wont touch them because of that reason.
my firm offers full backup service to the boilers we maintain vaillant failed us on their help line, sadly we have not needed to use the broagg helpline yet;) - ime sure their time will come

i used the remehahelpline once so far, answered quickly, engineer out next day, however still left me to prove it was a failing pump causing the boiler to lock out!, not boilers fault, they dont go wrong, luv em

hi have fitted the above boilers most are ok had one pump fault after 4 months of fitting system was clean would not fit for older customers though controls abit diffult for them cheers

Fitted one yesterday, could not see how you could heat up, there is a bulbous part were in goes through casing holding condensate trap in place, thought you might damage this, thus seal, I just fit plastic compression elbow/coupling on it if need be or just a standard solvent weld coupling, fits nice and tight, have never had one come off
As for boiler controls. very simple really and instructions very good, I only use mechanical clocks, as the digital one can be a bit complicated, however they are in process of changing that apparently
Fitted the remote/wireless clock/thermostat the other week nice unit, only £105 +,that’s about £60 less than a similar other brand of boiler with similar unit, also nice and simple, mechanical clock with two temp settings

imho

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to remeha 18system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

W
Hello. I've just been reading through this great site and thought I'd post my issue here to see if anyone can help please? We have an open vented, fully pumped (I could be wrong) central heating / hot water system and just before Christmas our 20+ year old bolier started leaking at the heat...
Replies
Views
M
I have a vaillant combi and it has just been moved about a meter as i am converting the attic. the condensate has not been plumbed into the stack yet, put is poking through the wall. I have just realised i could easily plumb it into the soil stack internal as the boiler is sat 1m away from...
Replies
Views
REDSAW
R
M
We recently had a new combi boiler fitted in our kitchen. The installer used a rubber adapter to fit the condensate pipe directly into a 40mm boss on an adjacent soil pipe (the adaptor is a rubber ring with ridges around the outside and inside). Now, before putting drywall over this area...
Replies
Views
mfripp
M
G
hi guys! currently looking at new combi boiler to replace old boiler, got it down to 3 worcester junior 28i valliant 831 or borag remeha ? the worcester ive heard are good, but have aluminimum heat ex valiant 831 had some pipe leaking issues?? but has s/steel heat ex borag remaha? cant...
Replies
Views
sparcktikus
S
L
I've recently had a new Worcester Bosch combi condensing boiler fitted. This is probably a bit of a weird question but there's a cardboard strip fitted inside the boiler if you look from underneath that says something like 'all pipes to be fitted within this space'. Should this have been...
Replies
Views
Blackcatgas
B
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock