Search the forum,

Discuss Ravenheat csi85 & new room thermostat problem with HW in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

deanman71

Hello,
I have a Ravenheat CSI85 combi boiler which has been working fine both on CH & HW with no room thermostat installed. I installed a room thermostat (Salus it500) wired to the volt free contact. The thermostat works fine and was controlling the boiler CH via my smartphone temperature settings and timer OK. However with the boiler CH off and cold and when the HW tap is ran, the boiler tries to ignite (microswitch on diverter valve operates OK) but boiler fails to ignite. This cycle of trying to ignite and failing continues whilst HW tap is running, but no HW. If the CH is on and the HW tap is ran I get HW. If I remove the thermostat and put the link back in the contact and operate the HW tap with the boiler CH off and cold the boiler ignites and I get hot water, the boiler works fine again. Why by installing a thermostat does this affect the operation of the HW?
Any ideas greatly appreciated,

deanman71

Would suggest you do three things

1. Read forum rules
2. Contact a registered gas safe engineer
3. Leave boiler alone.

You may have caused a loose connection / poor continuity. Fitting the stat on this boiler requires no qualifications but fault finding does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ravenheat csi85 & new room thermostat problem with HW in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Good Afternoon all, I am hopeful someone may be able to offer some guidance on the following. In the home we have a gas boiler (serviced annually, October time) providing hot water to the CH system which is split into 3 zones (Honeywell 2-way valves) and it also heats the HW tank (Tribune...
Replies
Views
Hi All Bit of an urgent one being that time of year and can't get a plumber out until after xmas even on an emergency callout I have just tried to turn on my CH for the first time this year as I have a number of guests coming for xmas dinner but even after an hour all the rads are stone...
Replies
Views
Hello. I've just replaced our old Potterton EP2 CH controller with a Drayton Wiser HubR (& peripherals). The old backing plate wasn't compatible with the new universal one, but the wiring was pretty close AFAICT (N, L, 1, 3 & 4 connected) .When I first powered it up but didn't have any TRVs...
Replies
Views
I am generally a decent handyman, can usually make 2+2=4 and take care of most things to avoid troubling experts with just the basics, but know also not to bumble around blindly beyond that. We moved house last week and with the glorious hot weather we weren't bothered about the heating, more...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have recently had a UFH circuit added to my existing CH/HW system and had a question on performance when UFH and CH are operating at the same time. My boiler is an Vailliant EcoTec Plus 630 and for a number of years this was running with a CH and HW loop only. Each loop had a 2 port...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock