Search the forum,

Discuss Rads not so hot in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Grahammanu

My rads are not so hot as they used to be. Have been told that they may need sentinal x 400. I have a combi boiler so how is this applied to the system and how long does it have to stay in system for and what do i have to do after.
Please help as i need all the help i can get.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are loads of reasons why the heat is not as good as it was/should be.

Heating system How old ? how big ? boiler type ? pipe size ?

All rads not hot or just some - all rads check stat and boiler setting. Post
some info before wacking in chemicals etc.

centralheatking

all the rads are not very hot. System same as last year when we had no probs at all and boiler setting is turned all the way up .

Have you checked your room stat - box with circular dial

centralheatking

never had a room stat? how old is the system? what turns boiler on and off, just a timer

Rads been in for over 25yrs, boiler is about 5yrs old and reg serviced and yes juist a timer.

mm, should have a room stat
not sure whats causing the reduction in temp mate, gas rate should indicate if the boiler is running properly or using correct amount of energy for starters

No probs with boiler at all and we have never had a room stat so that wont make do diffrence at all.

Feel the flow pipe from the boiler and see if its very hot before it goes to rads. If not
then boiler settings wrong/caput. If it is v hot close some rads and see if you can get some up to heat.

Also if got trvs make sure there fully open - take thermo heads off and check pin is fully up it not gentle tap with light hamer.

centralheatking

not saying it will make a difference to this fault, but the system should have a room stat

if no prob with boiler the prob is with circulation, pump? sludge? air? trvs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Rads not so hot in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock