Search the forum,

Discuss Radiators in conservatory?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bruceyboy

Hi guys was wondering what the regs are regarding extending heating system
into conservatory and fitting a couple of radiators. My mate says since 2010 you cant
do it anymore??

Ur mate is right - however u can do what u want because regs generally are not
enforcable - except in elf and safety areas - and who the hell who is going to know ?

The big question is unless you are a very rich man why would you pour massive amounts
of heat in to a plastic tent. U could 2x the size of ur boiler and heat the world. Do what I have just done knock it down and put up proper building

Father Xmas

Only had presonal experience of 3 rads in conservatories.... 2 of them had burst because there was no frost protection fitted, the other one had iso valves fitted on f&r legs & was isolated & drained every winter by the owner, which kinda begs the question 'why bother'?

conservatories are meant to keep plants in during the winter until some idiots decided to try living in them! All in all they should be banned, then we'll have completely fulfilled the governments green energy saving scheme and wont need any more wind turbines. Another thing to ban would be patio heaters!!!!!!!!!!!!!! put on more clothes or just move inside.

I have a coastal property with a south facing conservatory.
Approx 9 mtrs x 4 mtrs, solar heat reflecting glass blah blah.
The room has 3 x radiators on a seperate zone, insulated floor and dwarf walls.
The room is fantastic, the small amount of heat that is rqd to heat the room in the cold cloudy days I believe is peanuts compared to the amount of energy that is saved by using the room to dry washing during the day whilst Im at work, kids at school and the director of operations carrying out her chores !!

Should a cheap conservatory, solid slab floor and a polycarbonate roof have a radiator that comes on uncontrolled ? maybe not.

kev the gas, see you live in rustington land of the oap only beaten by worthing land of the just living, ideal customers.

Yes mate, I probably have a hand full of customers under 60!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Radiators in conservatory?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All, would appreciate some advice on next steps with conservatory rad. Single conservatory rad not heating up at all, neither pipe getting warm. All other rads in house working fine. So far I have checked the TRV which is not seized and also adjusted the lockshield which is also not seized...
Replies
Views
Hey guys in the know. I have paid for a heating and plumbing contract and had to pay my excess 3 times for the same thing still not fixed. The issue is quite simple to repair not sure why any one of the 2 plumbers could not fix it. Why am I paying for cover. The auto air vents in part of the...
Replies
Views
Hi, Sorry if question already answered in previous posts, but I can't find a solution to the below: We recently moved house to a new home that has previously been extended. In one of the bedrooms that has been extended there are 2 radiators, one which looks like it was fitted when the...
Replies
Views
Hullo everyone its a while since I posted on here basically because i have had no plumbing issues however I have one now. My son recently moved into a house which has cellar within which is a radiator which is part of the central heating system. The rad looks old, rusty and horrible as does the...
Replies
Views
I have recently bought my own house and decided to redo the kitchen. There was a radiator in the room already but I wanted to move it. I extended the pipes (8mm microbore) and plumbed in the new radiator. I opened the isolation valves and filled up the radiator with no issues. I've bled every...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock