Search the forum,

Discuss Radiator valve replacement and piping alteration in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Can someone please advise me on the following problem?
I have a Worcester CD30 SYSTEM boiler which is connected to the plumbing in an S configuration. Heating is pumped and hot water is pumped via 2 diverter valves. There is a radiator in the upstairs en suite which is part of the hot water circuit ie the radiator does not heat when central heating is on but does work when domestic hot water is on.
I have removed this radiator to fix new tiles behind it and to fit a ladder type radiator therefore I need to take off these closed valves and replace them and modify the pipework. Do I need to empty the whole system to do this or can I get away with emptying part of it?
You help would be much appreciated,
Thank you very much...

Depends how skilled you are.

On a system boiler I wouldn't drain down. But you may find it easier to drain down, gives you time if things dont go to plan

Thank you very much for your replies.
If I do drain down would it drain down both circiuts and where would the drain point be?
The system has fernox which would obviously have to be replaced if drained down fully so I would prefer not to do so if possible.

Thank you...

Hmmm it like this bud I wouldn't change me own fuse board why ??? Because I'm not compent and I'd probably do something wrong , it's like this you can change my fuse board because your compent and know what your doing you will struggle with the plumbing if you cant isolate and drain down safely fact ! as for loosing ya fernox it needs draining and replacing every 5 years anyway my advice get a plumber in chill, relax, have a beer take the dog for a walk be done in a few hours . 😂😂 Kop

Reply to Radiator valve replacement and piping alteration in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a heating system comprised of skirting radiators that form part of a loop from the boiler, round the house and back. Some rooms get warmer than others despite closing off the skirting radiator heat vent. They are designed to house the finned heating pipe and a return pipe, the latter...
Replies
Views
  • Question
My daughter's place has a small water leak on a ground floor radiator valve. The radiator pipework is small diameter.i.e 8 or 10 mm. A plumber is coming back in a day or so to make necessary repairs. I am a little concerned as the house has a Boilermate 2000 on the upper floor and the...
Replies
Views
When I turn on our CH there's a lot of noise from one specific part of the system - the pipes on the landing, and one radiator. It sounds like air, and the landing radiator needs bleeding regularly (about once a month), even though it isn't the highest point in the system. The two upright rads...
Replies
Views
I have just moved into a late 1990s new-build house with a small bore (about 1/2" OD pipes) gas fired boiler central heating system. All the normal radiators get hot but two of the three towel heater/radiators don't get hot and the pipes feeding them are cool to the touch even after the boiler...
Replies
Views
Hi All, In Dec 2023 I had my annual boiler service and asked the plumber to change 2 radiator valves as the radiator in the toilet downstairs was not working. He changed both valves and still the radiator was not working. He put some chemicals in and said it should break up anything that is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock