Search the forum,

Discuss Radiator extension... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Petebham

Hello all ...

We are plannning an extension on the side of our house, the new extension will need 4 or 5 rads.

The boiler will take the rads - worcs bosch 38cdi.

The nearest rad to the new extension is in out en-suite - which we are renovating in the next week or two.

My plan was to tee into the existing rad pipes below floor level and bring the pipe to an accessible place for when we need them... Those pipes will then feed the new rads in the extension... That was the plan at least ... Theyre 15mm pipes which reduce down to 10mm at the rad.

So - i'll be left with 2 capped off 15mm pipes - waiting for us to connect up when the time comes.

Spoke to a plumber friend of mine and he says we'll have to tap into the 22mm pipes which are housed under a tiled floor... In order for the new rads to work correctly and the 15mm wont do the job, is he right? Surely its a pressurised system so it wouldnt really matter if i were using 15 or 22. Any thoughts.

Also - and forgive my stupidity... The extension i going to be for guests - i guess when not in use i could install some accessible isolators so we dont have to heat the bew 3 bed extension when not in use... Is that right? Seems logical to me.

To be brutally honest, the opinion you have been given by your plumber sounds correct.

Although it depends on the length of the main runs and the kW output of each radiator.

You had better get it done right because, if it's not, you will be the one living with the problem.

There's not much worse than living with a inadequate heating system in winter

* Oh - and maybe you should register for any further advice

Last edited:
Sounds like you don't need a plumber at all. You've got the job all sussed out. But on the off chance that we can be of any further help please register and repost. Thank you kindly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Radiator extension... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I am trying to workout in what order my radiators heat up in order to then balance them. I am able to figure out which radiator pipe is the flow/return on each radiator so that I can then grab the right pipe to check which heats up first. There has been an extension done on this house at some...
Replies
Views
Hello, We had an extension built seven years ago. Initially the builders' plumber connected the heating to the house system but this didn't work. The builder got him out again and he created a separate heating circuit from the boiler (ie one circuit for the house, the other for the extension)...
Replies
Views
Hi, Sorry if question already answered in previous posts, but I can't find a solution to the below: We recently moved house to a new home that has previously been extended. In one of the bedrooms that has been extended there are 2 radiators, one which looks like it was fitted when the...
Replies
Views
Hi thank you for letting me join this forum . We have an air to water heat pump but the bungalow is piped in micro bore 10mm pipe which doesn’t look well piped , kinky in pipes in some places ,some of the rad don’t heat up too well , probably because of the badly piped system, the pipe is all...
Replies
Views
I have a Vaillant eco plus 837, year installed 2008. It works well. We have one large zone for the house with 13 rads running off it. We also have an UFH zone in the kitchen. Near the boiler I have 2 port valves which control this part of the system. The boiler has been loosing pressure...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock