Search the forum,

Discuss Programmer and stat change in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jimmybigguns

Afternoon all, i've recently bought a Drayton mitime RF T710R to replace my hortsmann C27 and poorly position surface wired room stat! Thought I might be able to take the programmer off and stick the new one straight on the back plate but I should have known better!

IMG_20150904_125101.jpg this is the current wiring and believe I have the following configuration

IMG_20150904_124521.jpg

The new programmer has the following diagram shown on the reverse!
IMG_20150904_130519.jpg

Am I correct in thinking that the wiring should be as follows and that the old position 4 common for room stat is now redundant as the new programmer has a RF room stat?

IMG_20150904_132352.jpg

I have city and guilds in heating which I got with British gas when I did my apprenticeship but I haven't been in the game for about 12 years now and recently bought a house so i'm a little rusty shall we say!

Any advice would be welcomed

Thanks

You need the T720R what you have got is a single channel programmer you want a 2 channel one, that will just slot onto the existing backplate.

Sorry I don't know how to make a new post.
I have a lifestyle lp722 in a s plan sealed system. I have no room stat. I want to change the programmer to the horstmann c27 as its more user friendly. Can someone assisted me please.

Sorry I don't know how to make a new post.
I have a lifestyle lp722 in a s plan sealed system. I have no room stat. I want to change the programmer to the horstmann c27 as its more user friendly. Can someone assisted me please.

That will need rewiring slightly for the programmer, as the terminals are arranged slightly differently, give you local heating engineer a call

Get a room stat fitted too & save yourself some fuel

Last edited:
It's a big house and the time it would take for the room stat to get room temperature and for the operating stat in the boiler to click off. It wouldn't be saving me money that's why having just trvs on the rads that way I can adjust for every room and when the boiler reaches its highest temperature it will switch off depending if it's on boost or timed. Can some one give me advice on this. Thank you. I'm only in my second year as apprentice plumber.

Thanks guys i've ordered the 720 version now ÂŁ30 more expensive well ÂŁ80 if you include the 710 I bought as well lol, just had a look at the wiring diagram and seems to match what I have exactly at present! As this has an RF stat and I want to remove the existing wired state do I leave "4" unwired and the programmer does the calling for heat or do I need to join the old wires from the wired stat together to create.a bypass?

Thanks again

Number 4 still needs to be connected. You will need to join the live and switch live at the old room stat and make the neutral safe (if there is one) Or you could disconnect the room stat wire in the joint box where the valve is and connect the white wire from the valve to the red wire from number 4 from the clock.

Thanks mate, all I have on the current stat is maybe 1mm twin and earth as per photo! Maybe I need to try and find the junction box and do the white and red job! The wiring is a right bodge up IMG_20150908_192319.jpg

Thanks guys finally got around to opening the wiring box and wondering if anyone knows which wire is likely to be the red wire from position 4 on the clock! There are 3 sets of cables 2 x red/yellow/blue and one black/red/earth which look like they come up from the kitchen where clock is positioned! Am I correct in thinking the red and black with earth is likely to be the room stat so that red and black come out and the extra red that is in the block 3rd down on the left with the second red wire at present then needs to connect to the white to valve?

Thanks

IMG_20151010_142541.jpg

With the power off at the stat connect the wire you want to find and connect it to earth

Now with a multi meter on continuity

One prob on earth

And now start left or right (one side to the other) until you find continuity and that's your wire

Thanks for a prompt reply mate! Sorry but i'm useless with wiring! I'm trying to find where the red wire from the programmer is in the wiring box so I can connect it to the white wire on the valve! Am I right in thinking that the stat controls the valve? So the black that is currently joined to the white should be a call for heat from stat?

Thanks again

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Programmer and stat change in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys, I have a fault on a clients heating system whereby the heating will stay on regardless of what the programmer is doing on its timed function, it'll switch off at the programmer (no light) but boiler will stay on until they turn the stat down, I went and looked at it, they said they...
Replies
Views
Customer complains of Intermittent heating on Y plan with Stat satisfied. New boiler fitted last year (no permanent live required or fitted previously) on an existing Y plan system. Existing timer was a Randall 103 (no hot water off position as its a timer not a programmer). The customer wanted...
Replies
Views
We have an all Vaillant setup - an EcoTEC Plus 637 system boiler plus wired VR720 and VR92 SensoCOMFORT controller, driving two CH zones plus DHW. It all works, but unfortunately we have found that the room stats are poorly located, and so the level of control is not what it should be. We had...
Replies
Views
I just had a quote for a new boiler install as follows I dont undertand why a 15-60 boiler pump is needed and a 25-100 pump is needed as well I currently have an ideal mexico 2 heat only boiler - It has one DAB pump on the boiler return and a 2 port valve at the flow pipe to allow for heating...
Replies
Views
I would like to ask for specific product recommendations (or examples of such) that: a) Fit a standard back plate b) Would work with an existing wired room stat (single heating zone) c) Would provide 7 day, 2 Channel programming (CH and DHW) d) Is not tied into any proprietary home automation...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock