Search the forum,

Discuss Problem with shower tray rocking in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

toon1986

Hi

Just need some advice for the corner shower tray that is installed in our bathroom. Noticed that there was a water mark on kitchen ceiling directly below where the shower is installed, so changed the seal around the base, but have also noticed that when stepping in and out the shower it makes a loud creaking noise and i'm pretty sure the tray is rocking/moving slightly, Forgot to mention that the tray is installed on a wooden frame. When I checked underneath the tray at certain points of the wooden frame there is a cement like material between the wood and the tray bit this is now all loose and crumblimg away. Just wondering if the base should be fixed to the wooden frame by cement or should it be resting on the frame and then maybe use wooden wedges to secure it in place.

Sorry about the long winded post, thanks for any help

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Problem with shower tray rocking in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I had to remove the glass panels from this quadrant shower cubicle and I'm struggling to get one of the screens back in place properly. The small glass panel is supposed to slide into the wall channel, and some holes in the side of the channel (inside the cubicle) should align with some...
Replies
Views
Hi Just moved into a house and in process of renewing sealant around the shower cubicle. Feel free to skip to the bottom to get the question! There’s a gap (20mm in length & 3mm height) at the bottom of the frame (where it meets the shower tray) closest to the wall that appears to have been...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old fittings, and old wall tiles and floor carpet). This consisted of a quadrant shower enclosure, a stone-resin shower tray, new ceramic tiles on the floor and half tiling on the walls. All the work...
Replies
Views
We have just had our second Mira shower tray 1700 x 900 fitted the last one cracked and my replaced. my husband was having a shower today. He heard a very loud crack and felt it nothing visible. It’s similar to when you would have been walking on a ice like when you hear a crack, and it makes...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I'll soon be installing a SONAS 1500 X 800 resin shower tray in a bathroom that I am renovating. It does not come with any sealant or tape. The shower tray will be against an external concrete wall which I will insulate and put some Hardie Backer Board on. My question is, does the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock