Search the forum,

Discuss Potterton Performa 30 HE no central heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi

customers boiler is not working for the central heating.

Hot water is working fine, ignition sequence for heating is fine and it will fire when cold for a few seconds before temp reaches 80 and it cuts out
there are no faults showing up.
fan is working, pump is working, heat exchanger removed and cleaned, bypass pipe removed and cleaned, isolation valves all cleaned out.

not been able to open the filter on the return valve - can't undo nut - any suggestions? it'll be just my luck there is a blockage in there.

also any suggestions for what else to test?
thanks

As kop says, symptoms suggest no flow so I’d check the rads too, I went to a job few weeks ago where all the rads were closed on the TRV’s and the boiler was doing the same thing, ramping up to 80 and shutting off within a minute.

Reply to Potterton Performa 30 HE no central heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have an 8 year old Potterton HE Gold combi boiler losing pressure. I have isolated the central heating to leave just water heating and it is fine. As soon as the central heating is introduced the pressure drops to zero within an hour. I have had floor boards etc up but cannot find a leak...
Replies
Views
Our house was built in 2007 and we are the second family to live here - moving in in 2017. The central heating has been working fine - although the gas boiler is perhaps nearing the end of its life. But the boiler is not our current issue. Last winter two of the radiators did not heat up and...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem could be. We have a biomass boiler and stratification tank set up and recently had an issue with boiler pressure dropping off when the system was cold...
Replies
Views
I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage turned into a flat, heating both flat and main house, running c plan with two pumps, two motorised valves simple bi-metal thermostat on wall in flat with 4 standard TRV's rarely used so not worried about the flat, and main house has Nest Gen 3 in the...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new well maintained Worcester combi boiler. We weren’t convinced the heating was working right and then got hit with a £610 energy bill for the first 6...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock