Search the forum,

Discuss Potterton lynx 2 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

E4gas

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Got called out to no heating or hot water ,
On doing my checks I could hear the relays cracking , then all of a sudden a tiny flame appeared on the board ,
Customer said do you think the PCB is no good ,

Is it worth changing PCB or the boiler

Boiler

Owner wants a new boiler , but the wall it is on now is being knocked down in 2 months time , and the new position has not been built yet , might have to install it once , then move it again two months time

Owner wants a new boiler , but the wall it is on now is being knocked down in 2 months time , and the new position has not been built yet , might have to install it once , then move it again two months time

there's a site I've used does reconditioned boards 'E4gas'. Check them out, www.igniteheatingspares.co.uk , as an alternative to offer your custard ?

Update , customer wants new boiler , because I can't garantee once board is changed
Anythink else is broke ,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Potterton lynx 2 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My Grant combi oil boiler is giving me quite a headache at the moment. When I returned home last Friday I'd no heating or hot water. An engineer called the next day and diagnosed a faulty pressure switch. This was changed and everything seemed ok. However then the boiler began to lose pressure...
Replies
Views
Dear All New member here, coming looking for help. A few weeks ago I had work carried out by a British Gas Homecare service technician. It required a drain and refill of the system, and as he left, he advised my I would need to bleed all the radiators, at some point, given a few days, when...
Replies
Views
Some advice needed please re a 3 year old combi gas boiler. The hot water works but no heating. A gas engineer was already booked to do the annual safety check before the fault developed. He said the boiler is ok with no fault. He said there must be a leak under the floor boards causing hot...
Replies
Views
Evening all. Can anyone help me with a bit of advice. We “inherited“ a Potterton Prima 60F boiler (which we were told in 2013 was 3/4 years old). It turns out after checking Serial number with Potterton that it was manufactured in 2003. Had it regularly serviced but a few weeks ago it failed...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi need some advice on this odd story, I had a Bosch boiler installed just over 2 years ago by Governments home energy scheme. The company passed all checks, provided certs etc. The government/Green scheme sends 2 other gas boiler engineers to double and triple check things and One was Bosch...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock