Search the forum,

Discuss Oil boiler lockout - tried everything or have I ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Eldroth

We have a Worcester Bosch Danesmoor 20/25 oil boiler that's quite old but has been OK for the 6 years we have lived here. It has on occasion gone into idle mode which I have sorted by pressing the solenoid. However when I tried to turn on the heating a few weeks ago it just locked out after a few

minutes andwhen I attempted to reset it the same thing happened continually. Sincethen I have:

- replaced thesolenoid, photocell, transformer, burner nozzle and bled the oilpipe, cleaned the filters and the combustion chamber

and all to no availas exactly the same thing is happening, the boiler fires up and thenlocks out after a few minutes.

I could really dowith some help as I don't know what else it could be.

It's getting colderup here in Yorkshire and the missus is becoming somewhat impatient!

It would have been cheaper after the first couple of items to seek a Professional solution.
It could be a simple (low priced) fix for a Professional now.

There's still a few things it could be.

Get a pro in mate they'll be able to set it up so it's burning propeely

Oil boilers can kill you as stone dead as a gas appliance can.

They aren't for diy repairs

Call in a pro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Oil boiler lockout - tried everything or have I ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock