Search the forum,

Discuss O-Ring Replacement - Franke Triflow mixer taps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Wibs

Hi,

the gooseneck spout on my Franke Triflow Doric taps has seized, and the spout can no longer be turned.

Franke helpline advise that it was likely that the o-rings had started to disintegrate and were jamming the goooseneck preventing it from turning, and recommended that I buy the replacement o-rink kit, FR9400. He said it was a simple matter of unding the grub-screw with the supplied allen key, lifting out the spout, removing the old o-rings from the spout base, clean the area if neccessary, fit the new o-rings, replace the spout and screw back the grub-screw.

The first problem was removing the grub-screw, the Allen key just kept slipping in the Allen-slot, but finally I got the little devil to turn with one of the special heads I have with my screwdriver kit.

The next problem is that no matter how hard I pull upwards, the spout does not shift, and I am not a weak chap by any stretch.

I am thinking of tapping upwards with a rubber mallet, harder and harder until it frees, but I thought I would test that idea on the forum first.

Any advice?

Wibs

welcome along,

I would try a spray of silicone grease down the spout to loosen it.
then a twisting whilst pulling.
is the grub screw completely removed?

Well done, removing the spout! I have a similar problem with a swan neck spout which gets progressively more difficult to turn over a period of a couple of months and then I re-grease the O rings with silicone grease. Re tightening your tap, if it is a monobloc type, there will be a nut to tighten under the tap and to do a proper job, you need a slim, long box spanner. Access will be difficult so patience will be needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to O-Ring Replacement - Franke Triflow mixer taps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I need to replace the O rings on the spout of my kitchen tap. What lubricant do I need to use in order to aid fitting the new O rings. Searched and failed again!
Replies
Views
I need to replace the washer of my kitchen mixer tap as it is leaking. I was able to remove the spout once by unscrewing the screw on the back of the tap. However now I can't remove it again as it seems I must have used the wrong screw head and have rounded off the head. Please see attached...
Replies
Views
How do i replace the quarter turn cartridge on this cooke & lewis ricci bath mixer tap . Normally there is a grub screw somewhere to take the handle off, but for the life of me i cannot find one on this mixer. Any helpful suggestions would be greatfully received.
Replies
Views
Hey all, my wife recently bought a pull out tap for the kitchen, much to my dismay as I was the one fitting it. the problem is, the spout is really loose. I disassembled the spout only to find it’s on a thread without any o rings at all. So basically it seems like when you swivel it, you are...
Replies
Views
I have just had a Franke Athena kitchen mixer tap fitted. After turning it off there is a small drop on the spout. If I remove this then another one will form at some point later (and times between drops appear to get longer) This morning there was no drop there so I thought it must just be...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock